I Need Your Opinions on Sako's 75 Synthetic Stainless

stephen426

75syntheticstainless.jpg

I am considering purchasing this Sako 75 in 30-06. I want a good general purpose rifle that will stand up to the elements. I have not been able to find much information about this rifle or the company other than it is from Finland and is imported by Beretta. The guy at the gun shop/range highly recommends it and so far all I have heard are great things about it. I plan to use the gun to go boar hunting and am interested in eventually going deer hunting. Could those of you with experience with this gun please share you opinions?

I want the synthetic stock even though many feel that a nice wood stock looks much nicer. The synthetic is much easier to take care of and will not throw off the point of aim with temperature and humidity changes. Besides, I believe that the synthetic stock will help absorb some of the recoil.

I plan to go with the .30-06 since many have said that it is probably the best general purpose rifle round. I do not plan (plan being the operative word) on getting any more rifles and want something versitile. There is a .300 Win Mag available and it has a fluted barrel. I was told the .300 Win Mag is pretty punishing, especially since the barrel flutes reduce the weight even more. I was also told that the .300 Win Mag is overkill for anything I might hunt in the U.S..

I appreciate any thoughts and opinions you guys can give concerning the gun, the model I chose, and the caliber selection.

By the way, the price at the gun shop at the range is $1075. I have seen them on Gun Broker for $1200 and up. Do you guys think this is a good deal? I know that there are many less expensive rifles, but since I only plan on owning one hunting rifle, I want a quality gun. By the way, this gun is brand new (never fired). SInce I am buying locally, I won't have to pay shipping or the extra fee to the FFL. I will have to pay sales tax though. Thanks again.

I am a former sako lover (Finnbear, A series) and never liked the 75, alwys found them cheezy and overpriced.

Then they had some barrel blow up probs.

And Beretta is the worst company to deal with.

YMMV

Wildforthatkindofmoneyyoucangetapre64Alaska

Back