I need help identifying this firearm

WildEagle

Inactive
I have this rifle the barrel is aprox. 48 1/4 inches .It appears to be a 59 to 61 caleber The markings are london on the barrel and two crowns with crossed swords also the firing mechanisimis stamped w ketland and co. I beleive this was a flint lock converted into a precussion..The barrel is smoth bore type. I have more pictures if anyone emails me and ask.Thanks WildEagle

Attachments

• 100_2560.jpg
    100_2560.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_2553.jpg
    100_2553.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_2557.jpg
    100_2557.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It is a smoothbore fowling piece converted from flint to percussion. It is not a rifle, it is the equivalent of a shotgun. The contour of the lock plate makes me think late Revolutionary to War of 1812 era. The stock looks to be walnut, but could be cherry. Take a look over at American Longrifle dot com. Loads of good stuff there. If you post the photos you will get more info from a group more focused in that area. It is a very nice piece from what I can see. How did you come to have it?

I concur
It may be an OLD reproduction with original parts.IT looks like a British Musket barrel mated to a later Precussion Lock,,,80 years later with a pennsilvania stock???? It Might be a rifle bored out to smooth bore, or a comglomeration of parts. It looks very Pennselvania to me but there does seem to be some excelant gunsmithing to it's creation!
Hudson Bay Trade "rifle"?
1840?

Last edited:
Back