I need a scope... Which one?

S.F.S

Hey Guys I am new to the Hi-powered rifle scene and I need 2 scopes and really can't afford to spend over $100.00 each for them. Can you recommend a scope that is of decent quality and will hold up well untill I can get a better scope?
FWIW... I will be using it for target shooting and hunting.
Also where I can get it from?

Thanks..

Check your local Wal-Mart, lot of them are having a clearance sale on scopes right now.They will have several under $100.I have been checking 4 different stores in metro Atlanta waiting till the prices drop low enough to buy them cheap then resell on Ebay.Bought a Tasco World Class 3x9x40 that normally sells for $69.00 for $44.00.Had a "birdie" who works at one store hide 5 more for me untill they drop lower...hehe.They also carry a Bushnell Pardner??? that normally sells for $189.00 going for a sleek $123.00.......not bad!!

There are quite a few good deals on www.sportsmansguide.com. Click on <OPTICS>, then do a search with "style/type" and "brand" set to your choice or "ALL".

A few months back I found a 1.75-5 power Tasco World Class scope on their site for $50. I got two of them! Great hunting scopes.

S.F.S., have you considered buying used? Scope prices tend to drop dramatically once you leave the store, so you can find some like-new name brands fairly cheap. I don't know about the other manufacturers, but Leupold warranties their scopes for life even if you're not the original owner.

You might want to check over on auctionarms.com or gunbroker.com

Good luck.

Back