"I need a price check on a P-7 please, register #3"

VictorLouis

It is a BNIB P7(PSP), with the heel mag release. The button is flush mounted with the contour of the grip heel profile, not the more common one that protrudes out. Their 'firm' price is $1050, +tax. I feel that it is too high, but I'm just not sure with the limited availability of even re-furbed M8s.

what's BNIB mean? do you mean LNIB as in "like new in box"? refurbed M8's are going for around $600-800 depending on where you buy them and NIB P7M8's tend to run around $1150 or so but they can go for around $1000 if your lucky. i'm thinking of buying a P7M8 buy waiting till i find a NIB one for around $900 (i guess i'll have a while to wait :)). i just don't have enough cash to throw down and i don't want a refurbed one with the slide all mutilated.

If you really want it, the price is not outrageous. I purchased a new P7M8 (AA proofmark) for $1050 in September. Given the scarcity of new P7s, I thought it was a fair price. I have seen posts that the PSP is discontinued, and it is not listed on HK's German web site. About 15 months ago, CDNN was advertising new PSPs for $799.

Sorry Russell, Brand New in the Box. I should've just dropped the 'B'. But, it is not used, and has no signs of counter-top handling. My buddy told me about that price at CDNN. I suspect they were the ones with the protruding mag release; but, they're surely gone by now.:(

Last year I was lucky enough to find a P7 PSP in a local pawn shop for $525. Guess what? Right, I bought it. I think it is a police trade-in refurb. Anyhow, it is about 95% and it is a great shooter. When I haven't been to the range in awhile and go back I take the P7--very forgiving very accurate. If you pay a grand for it I think you will forget doing it and enjoy the gun; but, you might like the M8 better than the PSP (with the odd heel mag release). Have you been able to take a look at an M8?

Oh! I wonder what Russell means by "mutilated slides" on refurbs.

Take Care!

in that case that's not that bad a price since they don't make the PSP anymore.

as i understand it HK cuts a bit of the slide out where there was a police agency's shield stamped into the slide on refurbs.

Russell:

I haven't seen that before. My gun still has the police stamp on it (I believe) and I have seen others that have the same or similar stamp on the slide. I agree with you though, I wouldn't want a hunk taken out of the slide of such a pricey gun--especially since the P7 slide is so thin as it is.

[Edited by Hobbes on 01-06-2001 at 03:54 PM]

Bob Munck can get rid of the mill mark with impressive results. Here's a pic of my refurb:
View

He shaved a few thousandths off the slide.
The brushed hard chroming was done by Horace Ford.

Refurbs usually have the mill mark. $1075 for a PSP isn't bad at all. Just make sure it is really new. Check the gas piston. I should have no blackening from powder at all. The PSP has the heel mounted mag release, and no heatshield. http://www.hkpro.com has good info.

recessed heel release

victorlouis - you heel release you asked about was an interim modification to the psp to address the problem of p7's riding in duty holsters and releasing the mag :o when pushed against and rubbed on the seats of squad cars.

the release is wider and is concave, in relation to the heel of the grip, rather than convex. it is a bit slower to activate as the weak thumb has to be aligned between the grip pannels to push in the release.

we had a couple of officers who were carrying them on pur department. they look cleaner in profile :cool: but are slower, for me anyway, in a "speed reload" and very ackward in a "tactical reload".

the price is a bit more than i'd pay but, i already have a psp ($435 many years ago) and a m8 (<$650 for a reburb last year). of course i never thought i'd pay over $500 for the m8...hk, many years ago again, had a police price of $375:eek: for the m13 and $345 for the m8. of course, being the forward thinking person i am, i passed up the offer :mad:

Yes, epiphany, that does make sense. I am going to pass it up and look for a used one. Another thing I noticed is the trigger. The earlier ones have a more pronounced curve which is more comfortable on my finger. This gun has the same trigger shape as an M8. The end of the trigger tends to annoy the pad of my finger.

Back