I modified another one.....

TINCANBANDIT

Before you go thinking I've lost my mind....I built this for my daughter. I lightened up the stock by removing material from the butt, shortened the LOP, slimmed the grip area and dyed it pink.

I may end up trying this again, but adding finger grooves to the forend.

bNGyHJEl.jpg

http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2016/05/project-pink-1022-stock-10.html

TINCANBANDIT, If you have access to a scrollsaw, that would much simplify cutting out those shapes. If you get a good market for doing those, I'd look at investing in one. I'm sure that you can adjust the arms stroke on some models, so that they'll cut 1-1/2" thick stock, but I would make sure the stroke is adjustable on the one you could use. I have an older Craftsman that I use for projects like that. Just drill a starting hole in a corner, take off the blade at the top, thread it through the hole, and reattach the blade, then start cutting. You might even get by with a reciprocating saw, and cut inside the line to save some work.

Looks good. But I'm a bit concerned about the wood in front of the recoil pad. It is a rather thin column of end grains, which has limited strength. If the rifle is dropped and lands in the butt, the column may break. Perhaps a cross pin vertically through the wood, or even a butt plate, may help.

-TL

I picked up a scroll saw the other day, I just finished another 10/22 stock project, this one a tactical style. I'll post the details soon

Beautiful

Beautiful....
Every daughter deserves a firearm in the color of her choice.

What did you use to get the color?

Back