I MADE IT!!!!!

striker3

I graduated from MCRD San Diego on Wednesday...I am now a United States Marine!!!! That was the hardest 3 months I have ever spent, but I had a blast. Except for the first couple of weeks that is :) I was in Plt 2097 of Fighting Fox 2nd RTBN. I did pretty good, I swam CWS-2, shot sharpshooter(GRRR, That is gonna change at my next qual though), ran a 217 PFT with the flu and scored a 99% on prac. Unfortunatly 2097 did not take a single trophy. We had high scores on both initial and final PFTs, and on prac we would have set a regimental record, but in all 3 of those events we had 1 too many failures. Prac we had 3 and the PFTs we had 2. With final drill we went out first and ended up losing by 1/10 of a point to the platoon that went 6th. I'm so out of touch now with the political scene :( I'm gonna have to do some power reading in the 10 days I have until I leave for Infantry Training BN.

------------------
PVT Gdog USMC
RKBA!

Welcome to the Corps Gdog!

Don't sweat the trophies. Nobody even thinks about them in the FMF (Fleet Marine Force).

What's your MOS? Do you have a guarenteed duty station or know where you'll be stationed or going to school?

Semper Fi
Sgt MidMan
USMC 85-96

OOH-RAH!

Welcome to our Corps dog.

---------------
PFC Irving USMC

[This message has been edited by Hairball (edited November 27, 1999).]

A well deserved virtual pat on the back.

And obligatory inner service rivallry jab:

Marine huh? Well... no one is perfect...

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

Back