• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

I liked the old TFL format better

That's what I think anyway...

I don't like the way "it" asks me for a subject when I reply to a post.. Of course I'm old, just like some of those old people who got cornfuzed when they voted in florida, maybe one of these days they'll take my drivers license away.

I don't like the idea of having to find a place to "sign in" (it's tough in 800x600) only to have to put my username and password in again (sign in again) when I post or reply.

The new TFL is sort of like some of the code I try to pawn off at work as being ripe and ready to deploy when in reality it's still in beta. :) :)

Old and Cranky
Patrick Graham

Patrick-
You don't need to fill in a subject...this is an option.

If your cookies are operating properly, you shouldn't need to sign in every time. The problem with the old software is that we were way beyond it's capabilites to handle the data flow. It was crashing 3 times a day by the end. It was a choice of move forawrd or delete threads.
Rich

Frankly, I like the new software. For me atleast, the speed is excellent plus the options are much better. Longterm wise (with the size of this board), UBB stands no chance. VB is definitely a step in the right direction.

Can we at least go back to the little hierarchy tree to navigate back and forth between forums?? The little tree helped me remember where I was and made it easy to get back to the big forum list in the sky. :)

Back