• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

I like the new font.

I just noticed the new font myself.

I think it is Helvetica, or maybe Arial.

The Firing Line - Keeping our members on the cutting edge of the latest font technology. :)

I thought it was my settings or something. Yeah it looks good.

[Added]
Well I said that and after I submitted it the font went back to the way it was. What's up? Just curious btw I don't really care either way.

[This message has been edited by HukeOKC (edited September 29, 2000).]

Seems like it is only on the Forums Summary page and some of the larger forums. It'll make its way here eventually, methinks.

I had just assumed it was my computer to. I don't care either as long we don't change to some ancient, lost language and can all read it.

It's arial. I've been playing around with some new software and accidently set it to this...I liked it.

It needs to be manually set in each Forum and all posts updated...it'll take a while to propagate.
Rich

the point size is a bit small
some pairs like

ik are very tightly kerned & mush together

dZ

It's just about unreadable on my screen. Too small and squished looking. *sigh*

pax

------------------
"Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed." -- Longcourt Phyllis in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein

First we lost our tent in the desert. (I 'member that we had to send out a search party for George Hill, then Kodiak, for that one ;)) Then General was moved from the top to down lower and now our font is changed.
*sigh* progress..... :D

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

I like it! You get to read a lot more on each thread. Add in the fact my resolution is 1024x768, it's perfect.

Son, you've got better eyes than mine it's a bit hard for me to read, but I've been up for 23 hours, so it may just be tired eyes.
Eric

Sorry, I don't like it. Seems smaller and harder to read. If anything the font should be bigger. There's a bunch of us half blind bifocal and even trifocal wearers out here.

Take pity on us decrepit 'ol farts. :rolleyes:

------------------
Since light travels faster than sound, isn't it logical that some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

It is a bit harder to read. I guess we'll get used to it. Is there a practical side to the change?

------------------
Just one of the Good Guys

Kerned? What the font?

I won't be able to comment on the fine points of fonts until I get the horiz convergence on this hand-me-down 17" monitor adjusted ... kinda out of focus ...

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited September 30, 2000).]

Back