I know I live under a rock

HankL

That said what is going on with Winchester? I know that the USRAC/OLIN/Winchester thing must be going through some changes but what gives? Large distributor has only had three of the Stealths since the first of the year?
Anyone know what's up?
Hank "I know asking them to making a Stealth in controlled feed would bring laughs from the custom shop"

Hankl. Olin crap, I mean corp. has been dropping a lot of stuff from their inventory lately. I don't know about rifles, but USRAC is now owned by a French consortium. Olin only owns the Winchester name, and licenses USRAC to use it along with the Winchester designs. They also (the French) own Browning.
Some of the stuff Olin has dropped is ammo, 7x57 Mauser, .358 Win. (get this one) .458 Win. Mag. (HUH?) In powders, not too long ago, they brought out WMR. Now is has been discontinued. I sent them a query on the ammo, and they said they would be making it on a "seasonal" basis. What does that mean? If you want to get some, you have to special order it from one of their distributors, and then hope to hell you can get it before hunting season???? Yeah sure!
Over a period of years, Olin has been divesting itself of shooting and hunting related items. The only powders for rifles it continues to make appear to be useful in military rounds. When they dropped Weaver and Winchester rifles, they said they were not losing money, they just were not making enough.
No. You are not living under a rock. Just another victim of corporate greed.
Paul B.

Thank's Paul. Do you know who bought Winchester Firearms from the frogs? Sorry, I should have said French. I would really like to help quench someone's greed in this quest!
Good Shooting, Hank

HankL. As far as I know, the French outfit still owns it. Funny (peculiar) how all these foreign outfits are buying up all our shooting related companies. Blount (Swiss) the French on Winchester and Browning. I think FN in Belgium just snagged some up recently, or was it the other way around? Hell. I'm confustigated.
Paul B.

Back