I Just wanted to get more information about the Glock 26

RHOOD13

Inactive
What do you think about the Glock 26. I am looking to buy one in the next week or two for a carry gun. I have read alot of reviews in here but havent found one on the glock 26. Please be constructive. ie. NOT ALL GLOCKS SUCK or Its just good. Please help give me some feedback thanks.

there was a thread not too long ago on this very subject.

My .02, funky grip but got used to it quickly. I shoot it every bit as good as my G19. Recoil is equivalent to the 19. Very concealable.

Olazul

Rhood13:

Although I do not own nor have I fired a G26 I do have a G27 (.40).

Basically, except for caliber, these pistols are the same.

In my experience the baby Glocks are just as good as their larger siblings. My G27 is very accurate, very reliable and it is a pleasure to shoot and carry.

Although TFL is "THE" premier forum you should try www.glocktalk.com for more information. This forum is dedicated primarily to Glocks and all things associated with them. Most or all of the members there live, eat, sleep and breathe GLOCK.

The G27 or G26 are fine weapons. Regardless of the one you pick you will have made a wise choice IMHO.

X

Ten + one rounds in a small affordable package. Reliable and accurate. Excellent carry gun, don't have to worry about body salts messing up your gun finish or about getting another finish applied to gun. Stock ready to go right out of box.

I agree with the earlier posts. The G26 is a fine pistol, very well designed for concealed carry and easy to shoot. I've been carrying mine for about three years, and still believe it to be one of the best guns for this purpose.

I basically agree with eveyrthing that has been said so far. You will get used to the small grip, and the gun is every bit as capable of combat accuracy at practical ranges as the larger Glocks. Perhaps the best endorsement I can give the G26 is that I trust it to serve my wife well if she ever needs to defend herself or our kids. She's been toting one around for some time.... ;)

I *love* my 26. Soft recoil (not like 9mm is much of a kicker anyway), very concealable, 100% reliable, and superb accuracy.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

I carry a 26 whenever I can (depends on dress requirements). It is an easy to shoot gun. Personally, I don't have the grip extenders a s with my medium hands I don't need them.

The 9mm is easy to shoot as recoil is mild.

I've taken three classes with it and it is competitive with any gun there for CCW and
self-defense.

I've had a 19 and loved it but it was a touch to big for carry. I also had a 27. It was redundant to the 26. Also, I recently broke my wrist and found that after my wrist "healed", I could shoot the 26 but any 40
SW was bad news as it(wrist) still has some significant problems.

You can't go wrong with a 26.

I have a G19 that I've had for about 10 years. Great gun, but a little big for CCW in summer.

Looked at the G26/G27 twins, and ended up with a Kahr MK40, which I just got for Xmas. Love it so far.

You can't go wrong with a G26/G27, but you should at least take a look at the MK9/MK40. Kahr Pistols

JimR

[This message has been edited by JimR (edited January 03, 2000).]

Back