I just discovered I'm a Second Class citizen

Oatka

Drove from Nevada to Tombstone, AZ to meet some family from the East.

On the way, I stopped off at a Prescott, AZ gun dealer that advertises surplus guns in the gun tabloids.

Saw a Roumanian .22 bolt rifle, 7-shot mag
for $59.95 -- $20 cheaper than in my neck of the woods.

All was going well until they found out I was from Clark County, Nevada. "Oh, we can't sell to anybody from there, it's even in the BATF regs". Hello? I've bought a handgun at
the Elko, NV show and a rifle in New Mexico with no problems. Now I know how our Kalif
brethren feel as they are banned also. Elsewhere in AZ, the dealers did not know of the ban.

Seems like this is another "feel good" law that our state legislators have passed -- and one that is randomly enforced. I wasn't p--sed at the Prescott guys, I figured they got stung once and are now CYAing.

Time to raise Hell with my legislators.

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

And Political Correctness scores another victim. Sorry to hear about that, Oatka.

Speaking of Political Correctness, something about that term struck me. It's been argued over for years, I know, but today, it just seemed to remind me of the days when, in Communist Russia, every organization had a "Political Officer" to ensure that it adhered to Communist doctrine.

And today, you can get ostracised, fined, or even jailed for offenses which really just boil down to being "Politically Incorrect."

Sorry, rambling mode off.

jth

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

If that is any consolation, I recall that "Polutruks" (abbreviation from Political Leader) were enthusiastically pointed out to the German captors during WW2 by other POWs.
Pity not too many Russkies hunted them for pelts...

MGB, I'm trying to find that out. I suspect somebody in Las Vegas went wacko and the pols
passed a law county-wide, and it's a BIG county. As far as I know, no other Nevada county is under this rule.

Will give a heads up when I get some info.

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

Back