I just brought home a HKUSP45C

Smiley

I just brought home a brand spakin new HKUSP .45 compact. I have been to the store three times longingly drooling over it. I finally decided what the hay. I love the way that this thing fits my hand. i have a much better grip than my glock 19 and it is still concealable enough for cold weather clothing. Though the price was about what i expected it still hurt the checkbook. i was Thinking about teh tritium sights but decided not right now as teh shock to the pocket of this poor college student needs to be spaced out. I worked three jobs to get this baby. I haven't even fired it yet and i love it. the only thing to do next is to pick an appropriate rifle tht would match.

Anybody else out there love their HKs like i do?

I'm a relatively new USP45C owner also, got mine about 2 months ago. So far no malfunctions even with different reloads. It is accurate and tames the 45 recoil beautifully.

A brilliant purchase. Obviously, you are wise beyond your years. I have no doubt that you will surpass Bill Gates as the richest man in the world.

My USP .45 Compact reminds me of a robust fraulein named Hilda at a nearby Hauf Brau Haus holding 6 steins of beer. Yet, it has the angles and cuts of a Tiger Tank. It is a precision German machine. It is reliable, superbly accurate and will shoot anything you feed it - ball, hollowpoint, or grapeshot.

Since you made such a wise decision I am going to fix you up with my daughter - blonde and blue, junior science major, 3.5 GPA, off to Harvard next summer. Brittany Spears would come in second place to her.... Ah forget it, no match, she likes Glocks.

One day at the range last year, I was all set to shoot my brand new Springfield 1911A1 Loaded for the first time. The two guys in the next lane both noticed my Springfield and said that they had always wanted to shoot one and asked if I would like to swap pistols for a little while.

I hadn't even shot mine yet, but when I got a look at what they were holding, I didn't even hesistate before saying "yes". One of them had a beautiful Kimber Gold Cup and the other was a Colt Custom Shop effort that had the deepest, most reflective bluein I have ever seen on a pistol.

I felt bad that I was going to shoot a $2500 gun and a $1500 gun before shooting my little Loaded Springfield.

In a nutshell, all three weapons shot just about equally well at 30 feet. It made me feel good about my Springfield--I didn't need to spend more money until I learned to shoot better.

Then the fella with the Colt asked if I had ever shot an HK USP45c. He handed it to me and I put five shots down range in a group half the size of the best 1911 groups that I had just shot moments before.

Darn fine pistol, that HK USP45c.

I've got one on layaway.

Smiley, I just picked one up last Friday. Took it to the range Saturday and WOW! I own a Sig 245 and compared to that there is (I am almost ashaned to say) no comparison. The H&K groups are TIGHT and the recoil is, well, my wife said it best; "sweet". She hates all of my other semi-autos but loves the H&K.

I now have a new carry gun and its name is HKUSP45C. Now all I need is Trijicons or Meprolites...

Fraser, you and your daughter should know I have both a USPc .45 and a Glock 27. Only problem is that Mrs. Elmo might object.... :)

I'm incredibly pleased with my new HK. First night at the range went something like this:

Run target out to 21 foot line, load, ready.

"...you know, I've never shot this gun before, I shouldn't expect too much...."

Sight on the numeral "8" on a B27 silhouette. Squeeeeze....

BLAM!

A .45-caliber hole exactly where the "8" used to be.

And it only got better from there.

I like Glocks. I like SIGs. I didn't WANT to like the HK. I really didn't. I thought it was an overpriced armchair SWAT wannabe toy ("Dude, I've got an <i>HK</i>. I'm so baaaad.")

I was totally wrong. The USP won me over in a big way. Wow.

picked mine up about three weeks ago I love this thing. Full size USP .45 with th SS finish.
future mods for my gun are;
1. Match trigger
2. Adjustible sights
3. CCF o-ring barrel
View

Fraser, Glocks are good in my book. a less expensive, reliable alternative. My hand just fits teh HK much better. Your daughter has me beat with the GPA though im only 3.2 and a Finance major, with minor a in computer science and a minor in general management. I wouldn't hold that whole glock hting against your daughter. :)

Smiley
Congrats. I've had mines for about a year now am still loving it. You can go wrong with it. I bet you will be even more excited after you shoot it.
One prob, (small one) is the checkering on it as with all USPs. It really digs into my skin. The Hogue slip on is good but it rips and keeps sliding down after a while.
Any suggestions?? Dermagrip? Pachymyr? I still want a grip that looks good though.
ST

From MRS. DAKODAKID,
I bought a USP.45 Compact 2 years ago, it
has a Match trigger, and tritium night
sights. We use it as our HD weapon.
I love my little gun and do not,nor will
you regret it. :) GOOD CHOICE.
Happy Shooting :)

[Edited by DAKODAKID on 01-18-2001 at 10:31 PM]

Back