I held a Styr S Today!!!

utvols

This is the GREATEST GUN!!! I want one I want one I want one. It was 9mm, if it had been in .40 I probably would have put it in lay away. On sticker price...hold your books 650$ I saw an M used for about 300$ less. I personaly feel this gun is what I wanted out of the minnie Glocks. All my fingers fit the grip, every thing was perfect about it. I left after being pryed away, with A fobus for my full size usp. The Steyr is perfect.
Oh yea if anyone shoots one let me know about recoil, accuracy, everything.

Humph? $439.00 for an M series in Dallas and they want $650.00 for the S? That dog don't hunt. I'd put my $489.00 down on a G27 knowing that while it has it's drawbacks, it's gonna work. Just my $.02 worth.

It always amazes me how compact guns, cars with fewer doors, and small computers cost MORE. I know "more advanced technology" and all but Christ... $650.00? Pfft... I say wait. I too want an S-40, but will definately be waiting now.

Ben

Yes, I have only seen one and they look simply awesome. I'm reluctant to hold one as it might feel just a little too good, you know? I've heard they are shooters to boot...

I think its a great gun. But alot of people (myself included) have a hard time getting over the looks. Heres a pic and a great article with a link to GSI who is a premier dealer for Styer pistols.

ste_m40-big.jpg

http://www.gsifirearms.com/product/s-pistol-main.html

Tim :)

The content on the Steyr pistols is shallow at best. Where can you get data on finish, rifling and other pertinent desgin-build features and philosophies. I'm not bagging on GSI but I want to be sold.

Thanks

I have the M 40 and would like to know how different the S series feels and carries. There doesnt sound like a big size difference and I can hide the M 40 well enough. As to the looks this is a futuristic looking peice and it is no uglier than my glocks or makarovs.

That picture you put up is of the M-series. They look a little gawkier simply because it is a larger gun. Compress that tubie looking gun, and it's not so bad, thats why the S-Series looks much better imo.
s-pistol-s40-big.jpg

Ben

Have an "early" M40 since last March in the 1,300 ser. # range. It had a great trigger even before sending it in for the upgrade. Exceptionaly pleased with it in terms of accuracy, recoil, ergonomics, "control" layout, etc. Eventually will get their M9 since the 40 is so good. Have & Have Had a bunch of Glock's and this gun is a huge improvement over them for the same or less $. Everything about it is more sophisticated than Glock but won't be giving up them either as they are so simple to work on and "tune" and are Great pistols in their own right. About the only negative for the Steyr is the best $ have found on OEM mags is $30 and the M series grip is so thin there isn't even the very minimal mag "well" that Glock's have. The M40 has never once bobbled so reliability is not an issue. FWIW, paid $460 for the M40.

I asked a dealer to look up a price on something else, while looking over his shoulder I saw the S and M series were the same price to him. I forget exactly what it was though.

As far as price goes, the list on either the M or the S is $609. I would imagine that at gun shows they will sell for approximately the same as the M Series. After all they are trying to compete with Glock and how are they going to do that with a gun that is $150 more expensive?

Steyr S seems to be the "must have gun" on my list too. However I want the one that has optimum mag for it's size, I think that's .40/.357. If it's the same scenario as G-26/27 (10/9 rounds respectively) that's even better.

When I first saw and then dryfired M, I wanted one. But I can not stand a gun with a 10rd mag, that was designed to hold more. If I understood correctly you can get M for $350, which is the distributor price for demo guns. So you could buy it, and then chop the grip down to S length. I doubt S prices are going to be that low any time soon, if ever.

Wish they didn't put those two extra safeties on them, that's my complaint.

Back