I have that uneasy feeling

KEYBEAR

Last week I found a new Custom Ruger that fit my liking so I bought it . The custom shop had this handgun finished and the order was canceled for what ever reason . I paid for it with a credit card on 4/26/18 and was told it was shipped to my FFL that same day. On 4/30/18 I called and ask for a tracing number and was told they did not have one from U.P.S. ? I e-mail them three times total no return I called three times no answers to my questions . I live a big days drive from the custom shop but have no idea were the firearm is . Over the years I have sold a lot of guns always used Fed-X AND U.P.S. . I never did not have a receipt and tracing number when i walked out the door . Yes I know it is only five days but I am not real happy with the no tracing number thing .

I have spoken to my Credit Card People but Have not put a stop on yet . This Custom shop has been around a long time . I have not bought anything before from them but if I do not have my firearm tomorrow yes I will put a stop on payment . I have bought Custom guns from shops for years and never had such poor customer Service . As of now I do not feel like calling them again but let the credit card people handle it .

and was told it was shipped to my FFL that same day.

Let's be clear, your FFL did NOT receive the gun from the custom shop???

When you say you got no answers to your questions, do you mean they aren't talking to you at all? Or that they are, but you aren't getting the answers you want??

No tracking number means it doesn't exist as far as UPS is concerned. Doesn't matter how long a shop has been in business either. They should have a tracking number as they are UPS' customer, not you.

On 4/30/18 I called and ask for a tracing number and was told they did not have one from U.P.S. ?

Ime, that's horse feathers. UPS supplies a tracking number immediately. It might take a few hours for the number to get into the online tracking system, but the number itself IS available.

44 AMP I mean I sent 3/4 e-mails No answer I called 4 times never got the tracing number . Was told the U.P.S. computer has not working as it should . I also ask for two return calls never happen . I have shipped a lot of stuff with U.P.S. never ever went out the door without a tracing number . As for my FFL he lives two miles from me and called every evening the last three nights .

Mal H
I would like to thank you for moving this thread no one will ever see it again .

I did I received the new Blackhawk from Gary Reeder today (Saturday) . First it did not ship U.P.S. As I was told it came U.S.P.S. . I will shoot it as soon as possible today . I did do a clean and inspect (it looks OK not Great just OK) I did find two screws loose and the Chambers a little ruff . I polished the inside of the Cylinder and Base Pin and think it is OK but it really should not of needed that . If the Screws give me a problem I will lock tight them Really should of been done . Over all not as nice is the price would suggest . We will see in the next week >

I notice a lot of online sale systems notify customers that an order has been shipped, when any tracking number available reveals that the carrier doesn't actually have the package yet. In other words, when the package is ready to go, it is classified as "shipped", while not really the literal truth.

If the gun was shipped priority mail, they may not be able to find the receipt with the tracking number. If any excuse at all, there still should be a willingness to communicate.

Well I shot the new Gary Reeder Custom Ruger in 44 mag . First thing it had six fired cases in the cylinder . The Ejector would not move them I had to pull the cylinder out and beat them out with a wood dowel . I cleaned the chambers very well and the first six rounds shot four would not come out Had to use the Rod again . Next misfires lite Firering pin hit . My older guns all shot them fine . So it is going back Monday .

Back