I have a problem with my mauser

biganimal

has anyone had this problem?
the problem is after re-stocking my large ring mauser action chambered in 22-250 w/ timmney trigger and scope friendly safety, the firing pin does't hit the primer hard enough to fire or even dent primer. took the bolt apart and all seems ok but it still won't fire. this rifle worked last week prior to changing the stock!!!
help!!!!

Check to see if the rear guard screw is protruding into the cocking piece slot. Sometimes you have to shorten this screw when changing stocks.

wildcat:
Relieve some material under the bolt handle. It sounds like the bolt handle is hitting against the stock all the way. I had experienced this during my stock makking days, especially on Mauser actions.

It normally doesnt take much, so use a hand file. Is my assumtion correct that you are have a wood stock?

You can pull the bullet, empty the powder, and after you have releived some if the material, then fire the gun, primer only, to detemine how much material is still to removed. Saves having to go to the range.

HJN

you guys are GREAT!!!!!thank you very much...primed up an empty case and started whittling off a bit of stock material and trying to fire it until it finally did...must have taken off 3/32 in the bolt channel..works like a dream now...THANKS AGAIN.

biganimal

Back