I guess I will have to give up shooting C&B for now - No caps

mrappe

I just shot my last tin of Rem #10 caps this last weekend at my SASS clubs annual shoot. I have 200 lbs of pure lead to cast balls and plenty of BP but all of my local stores never seem to have any caps anymore and even cannot find any online. I cannot even find them now on the Cabalas Website. I can get primers and powder easier than I can get caps. Who would have thunk it.

Really? That's a shame, could drowned in them here in Indiana. Just went in a shop yesterday that probably had my body weight in Musket, #11 and #10 caps. But on the other hand we're out of powder, ball and them new fancy metallic cartridges.

Are you just not finding the #10s? or are #11s scarce also?

lohmanarms.com last I saw had CCI #10s in boxes of 1000 in stock. you have to call for that to be verified, site cant keep up with stock.

Tidewater .. Dixie doesn't have any in stock. You can't find out if they have them in stock unless you actually put the item in your cart first. I hate that about Dixie.

Only option is to keep looking for when they get them in stock. I started a thread a few weeks ago about Cabela's having lots of Remington #10 and #11 caps in stock, bulk purchase only. They'll get them again, you just need to keep looking.

Keep in mind that a Remington #10 is not the same size as a CCI/Winch. #10 cap. The CCI/WWs are for much smaller nipples. The CCI #11 is closer to a Rem #10 in fit. Rem#10s fit a much wider variety of nipple shapes & sizes than the CCI#11s and RWS #1075s. CCI#10 and RWS #55 (smaller cap) don't fit anything I own.

FWIW, I happened to be in the Lone Tree, CO Cabelas today. They were out of Rem 10s but had plenty of Rem 11s. I understand these fit Pietta nipples. They're too big for Ubertis.

FH

In a pinch, you can make them out of kids caps and aluminum foil.
It's slow to make but you can do it. You cut out the "dots" from the cap rolls. Then you form a piece of aluminum foil over the nipple. Then drop one or two cap dots into the formed aluminum piece and put that on your nipple. Best done in single shot firing since they fall off kinda easily. But it works, I've done it.

FWIW, I happened to be in the Lone Tree, CO Cabelas today. They were out of Rem 10s but had plenty of Rem 11s. I understand these fit Pietta nipples. They're too big for Ubertis.

I have Pietta and Uberti revolvers, and rem #11s are too big for any of them (unless you pinch the cap a bit).

Back