I Got My First Double In Years (Graphic Pic)

VirgilCaine

I went out to the family huntin' grounds on Thursday the 17th and managed to get two good management Does'. We grow alot of corn and the deer really do a ton of damage. We like to take up to 5 Does a year (total). Doe #1 was taken at 103yds, and Doe#2 was taken at 238yds. I used a Winchester Model 70 Ranger with a Leupold Vari-x II 3x9 and 150gr Ballistic silver tip handloads.

Time to get out the ol' smoke pole and get ready for some late season action.

Sorry about the blurry pic...my sister-in-law said she was cold...it was about 20 degrees.

Attachments

• DSCF1112 (2).JPG
    DSCF1112 (2).JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 313
Nice, but I thought a 'double' was when you killed 2 deer with one shot - that's one heck of a bullet performance, to get one at 103 yds, and another one at 238 yds with the same bullet - what caliber? ;) :eek:

Ha!!
No, not two with one round:p Two during the same evening hunt. Maybe "twofer" would be appropriate? My model 70 is chambered for 30.06.
Killed the first deer at 3:40pm and the second at 4:45pm. These deer make great table fare....corn and alfalfa fed all summer long.

Sorry for the confusion.

We define a double as 2 shot one after the other. I had my first on Whitetail this year. Shot a 7-pointer and a nice doe on back-to-back shots about 5 seconds apart on opening morning. I'm never that lucky.

Back