• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

I finally figured out the little blue arrows!

Dennis Olson

If you click on them, they take you DIRECTLY to the last posts on the thread. Way cool. No waiting for the whole post to load ('cause it's, um, slow.... Did I say that it was a bit... slow?)

;)

(Oops! Corrected speling mist-ache.)

[Edited by Dennis Olson on 11-17-2000 at 11:40 PM]

Yeah, Dennis. I got your point. It's slow. Has anyone missed the fact that Dennis noted several times that it's slow? :D We just moved in today, Dennis. We have some tuning to do. Did you want to help, or just "notice"? By the way, you spelled "directly" wrong ;)
Rich

ps: The little blue arrow takes you direct to your first unread post in the thread. Kinda neat.

Moving from General Forum to Suggestions and Feedback Forum.

Thanks for volunteering Dennis. We knew we could count on you. You can start by picking up all the brass over in Lock and Load (George's guys have been busy lately). This should free us up for the important stuff.....like moving threads to their appropriate Forums.

Touche. Wanna nuther round? :D
Rich

thankgoodness......

I was beginning to think that I was a Palm beach county democrat..........couldnt follow the arrows...lol...fubsy.

Off topic... but it would be nice if we could have a different color for links (threads) that have been "read" like we had with the old system. It makes it a lot easier to scan for new info that way. :)

Joe

Joe...your assistance, please.

I need your help understanding this question on the link colors.

As an example, I look at http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=12

In Netscape, I see the folders change for new posts and the threads I've visited turn from blue to a rather distasteful purple. (I'll change that in time).

In IE, I see the folders change for new items but the threads I've visited remain black.

Is that what you're referring to?
What Browser?
Thanks,
Rich

Rich,

I'm using AOL 4.0, which uses it's own browser, which in essence is IE. The threads are all black and after I read one, they are still the same color as before as are the folders. When I hover over or "click on" a thread it will turn blue for a short second and then revert back.

I'll get back to you in a bit. I'm going to check it with Netscape and IE.

Joe

Update: With IE everything looks and acts as described above. With Netscape 4.7 I am seeing blue links for the threads and a dark purple for the "read" links. The purple doesn't look bad at all in IMHO. The folder color doesn't change after reading a link with either browser. I think the folders only change color after so many hours, like to let people see what has been posted overnight.

Joe

It actually looks right in AOL eh? That surprises me..... I really really really dislike that software sometimes. And the AOL browser is a very twisted and distorted version of IE, I wouldn't say it is the same as IE in essence or any other sense. ;)

Caeca Invidia Es, Rich,

It doesn't look the same on AOL as it does on Netscape (blue changing to purple), but at least the links now change color (black to blue) with AOL which is a big help. I know AOL browsers leave a lot to be desired, but IE is doing the same thing (black to blue) as AOL.

More people use IE than Netscape, so IMHO I would not worry as much about Netscape and concentrate more on what looks good for IE and AOL users. *wink*

Thanks for the dedication and hard work guys!

Joe

Back