I done gotted it!

Wild Irish

Last month I posted about the S&W 547 9 mm revolver, and whether it was worth purchasing. Comments leaned in favor, so I phoned the shop (70 miles away) but a salesman said "Nope, it's been sold". Stopped in a few days later, and THERE IT WAS! $448, out the door. So, I finally got to the range yesterday with Winchester white box and CCI blazers, both 115 grainers. CCI groups just ok, but the white box bunched oddly in that small area in the center. Single action fire was kinda funky, as the hammer is smaller than normal, but DA was a breeze. Action is very stiff, and seems to be one of those the previous owner bought 'n forgot after a few rounds. Barrel is 3-inch bull, round butt, and a whole lotta fun. Thoroughly recommendable!:D

Wild Irish,

You did good! Especially for a 3". I have had mine for 18 years and it is my favorite firearm. The sweetest trigger out of the box I have ever seen. It is the most acurate handgun I own. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

K5

Wild Irish,

Congratulations!

I posted an earlier thread, about the terrific accuracy of my square butt model 547.

Had to mount a red dot sight (no drilling required) to see it's full potential, and I'm very pleased with the results! :D

When shooting with the fixed sights, I had to use 147gr bullets to get it to shoot to point of aim, so apparently it was regulated for the heavier bullets.

Found mine last year for $300 (in excellent condition), but every one I've seen since then in similar condition, is $450 plus! :eek:

Bill

Cool!

I have the exact same (3" RB) model, and mine is excellent in the accuracy department as well.

Next you gotta find a Ruger SP-101. My 3" model is pretty darn nice, takes moon clips and is quite accurate too.

I have the stainless Ruger 9 MM revolver with two inch barrel and like it very much. This is a great-looking, well-built revolver. I paid $325 to a private seller. The gun was used but in excellent condition. Now I want to get a .45 revolver with short barrel.

Drakejake

Back