I developed a new safety for shotguns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

george91

Hi there!
I have an invention for the safety of shotguns. With this invention, the shotgun can become safer. This is a block safety and can be controlled by the clutch safety. can be used in all shotguns and similar platforms.

How is it working?

When we grasp the handle, the lever raises the block to the air and paves the way for the firing pin. When the bolt comes back, the block part is folded up to 90 degrees. Then it becomes old. Actually a very simple system.

Yes, folks, can I learn your thoughts?

Parts :
1. Grip safety.
2. a pin
3. a spring
4. Pin block
5. a spring
6. a pin

Attachments

• my project.jpg
    my project.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 136
It isn't a horrible idea. However, I don't think I'd like it at all on any shotguns or rifles. I also think a grip safety would be better under the pistol grip instead of on top, where there is more contact with it than just your thumb. Plus adding more parts is just another failure waiting to happen.

I'm not trying to discourage you from being inventive, keep trying.

It isn't a horrible idea. However, I don't think I'd like it at all on any shotguns or rifles. I also think a grip safety would be better under the pistol grip instead of on top, where there is more contact with it than just your thumb. Plus adding more parts is just another failure waiting to happen.

I'm not trying to discourage you from being inventive, keep trying.
After you decide to shoot, you can deactivate with your thumb. So you can make safer shoots. :D

Another external safety device?

What happens when I change the stock out to a pistol grip AR style stock? Then I’m not gripping the shotgun to “unlock” the safety. I don’t see a place in the US market for any such external modifications to add ANOTHER safety to guns that already have safeties.

I think you will find, much like in your pistol external safety thread, that the US market by and large isn’t interested. Is this for a foreign market?

Pistol thread here... https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602050

Last edited:
Interesting idea.
Would like it better on the bottom.
Kinda like a grip safety on a 1911.
But it's a shotgun, not a 1911...
I'll pass, thanks.

How about we just crack the chamber with the pump until we want to shoot?
How about we leave the hammer down until we wish to shoot, or crack the bolt of a rare old bolt action shotgun?
How about we leave the action broken open, like gentlemen, until we wish to shoot?

It seems the only application is to semi-auto shotguns, but we could simply not cycle the bolt until we wish to shoot.

Seems like a solution looking for a problem to solve, to me.

The only safety any gun needs is an operator with brains. What prat of, "Don't put your finger on the trigger until you know your target, what's beyond, and your ready to fire," causes people difficulty?

The only safety any gun needs is an operator with brains. What prat of, "Don't put your finger on the trigger until you know your target, what's beyond, and your ready to fire," causes people difficulty?

You lose most people at “

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back