I couldn't pass on this snubby

mrcharlie3531

This model 36 no dash had been sitting idle for years. The box and paperwork were also included it the transaction. Very minimal holster wear. Very tight and shot great. 001.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

It was just extremely dirty from neglect, but cleaned up very nicely. The only down fall, It didn't have the original grips. The pachmayr grips actually look like they have been on the revolvers for years. They suit my large hands perfect. I was told, "If I find the grips" I will call you. Not holding my breathe. Charlie

Great find!

The 36 is still hard to beat. Solid and reliable and even accurate. Don't let the short barrel fool you. Shoot it single action with it at 25 yards, slow fire, and you won't believe it...
Enjoy it, carry it, rely on it.

MS

If it is a round butt I have a set of Smith grips that will fit.....but no screw....pm me with mailing info.

"...told, "If I find the grips"..." I was supposed to get a CF issue holster when I bought my Inglis BHP. Still waiting 35 plus years later.
The factory grips on a 36 are wee, tiny, small, itty, bitty things. Easy enough to come by though. Listen to Ibmikey.

I have an old pre-model number Chief's Special that gets to go WalkAbout quite often.

standard.jpg

Had a model 36 for years. Carried it in an ankle holster. Finally I traded it for a 637 and put CT laser grips. Enjoy
David

Finally I traded it for a 637 and put CT laser grips.
Excellent grips and that laser will tell you things about your trigger manipulation that you'd never suspect. My DIL, Wife, & a friend's daughter all have that same model Smith & with CT grips. The CT laser is one of the few I've tried that actually works with a normal firing grip...useful at night across the bedroom, but less so in daylight. YMMv, Rod

I bought one once, from a widow for $250. Was in a coffee can for over 20 years and covered in dog hair and dust bunnies. She handed me the can, gun was loaded, and there were 40 loose rounds rolling around at the bottom of the can. Her husband had fired 5 rounds to test it, reloaded it and stuffed it in the can. She wanted it gone, or else she was going to turn it in at the police station.
It cleaned up beautifully.
Was the best damn snubby revolver I ever owned.

I was up at 2:30am this morning, could not sleep. I found a pair of S&W J frame square but wooden grips / screw for 14.50 + 5.00 shipping. The opening bid was 14.50 with a few days left on the auction. Bid or make an offer. I offered 14.50 , seller accepted. Not sure If there are square but or round butt. Seller never took an inside picture of the grips. The seller said there are square butt. I will know when I get them.

Back