I checked out an "iai" 1911 today.

VictorLouis

The level of fit and finsish was pretty nice, considering a sub-$400 price. Actually, it reminded me somewhat of a Gold Cup. There was a large, flat, ungrooved rib up top, with dovetailed front and blade rear sights. There is a relief cut at the top of the front strap, extended ambi-safeties, and a full-length guide rod. The hi-ride grip safety was fitted w/o slop, or sharp edges, and it had a flat MS housing. The slide and frame flats were satin blue, with the top and curves being a dull matte.Does anyone know if these are the 'same' as a Charles Daly? The frame was marked "S.A.M. made in Phillipines".

"finsish"
Reminiscent of a Gold Cup?

Dude, I think you've been gettin' on your "stizzy" with a bottle of Steel Rizzy! LOL!

OK, ok, I deserve that. What I MEANT to say was, in regard to the overall appearance of the pistol, it reminds me of the GC. NO, I harbor no illusion that it would APPROACH the quality of one, so no flames please.:)

Search

Try doing a search for IAI, AMT, and/or Hardballer. Plenty of info to go by.

(If the IAI is Irwindale Arms Inc. AMT, Arcadia Macine and Tool when bankrupt. IAI bought out tooling, guns, etc. Eventually IAI bought AMT trademark, remarketed AMT.)

Back