I caved and bought the DAMN Walther PPK! I'am somewhat upset with myself.

45automan

Hey guys I caved and bought that Walther PPK I was asking about. Now I'am taking a trip to Florida next month and really could not afford it. I had to have it though and so now I do. I looked up what Walther PPK's were going for on gunsamerica.After seeing the prices I said well $400 is not so bad a price. It doesn't have original grips but I don't care about that. I called Earls Repair service last week and he said that there was a waiting list he could put me on for a German PPK. I said waiting list? Sir I just want a shooter. He said " Yes thats what I said we have a waiting list for shooters". So this tells me even shooters such as mine are a pain in the rear to find.
Guys my wife is starting to think I'am nuts. Well maybe not nuts but I just can't resist a good deal on a gun.
For instance $500 for a SIG 220 w/satin nickle slide and controls. Like new not a scratch on it. How many of you would have passed her up?;)

Not many huh?
Walther PPK German war production fair shape,good bore internals look very good. Probably not shot much. $400.
Would you guys have passed?
Help me feel better about this whole thing.:(
45automan

I paid 300 for my Interarms version about 5 years ago. I'd love a real one though, one made during the war, preferably w/original grips. Ooooooooohhhhh, aaaaaaahhhhhhh! ;)

My Guess Is...

I am sure for a class act and plinker you would have done as well with a German police trade in. Mine is a PP in 32acp with slight holster wear but it appears unfired. I think I gave about $275 for it with two magazines. But whatever makes you happy is the important thing. Regards, Richard.

.45automan, you know that I wouldn't have passed up that Sig, now don't you?:D:)

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

I have a Walther PPK from WWII. It has the Nazi acceptance markings on it too. It was a military procurred piece with the eagle over Waa359 marking. It has the greenish-grey colored original grips in .32ACP with an original flat-based magazine. EXTREMELY accurate, reliable enough for me. Occasionally it has jammed but its been awhile since I've shot it due to its value. Its worth, in the condition its in, is over $600. Theres not many of these Nazi marked PPKs readily availble as of late. Mostly civilian models are what I see. Still the same, just different values. I'd love to have one in .25ACP. Extremely rare and worth alot of money. Not very many produced. I'd also like to have one of the alloy framed models. Also somewhat rare.

Mine also has blood on it. I imagine its the blood of the Nazi that owned it during the war. Shot by a G.I., then brought to the U.S. after the war.

The only Walthers with serious reliability problems were the PPK/s guns made in the U.S. in .380. The PP and PPK were really designed for .32 ACP. Many consider these too small a caliber, but it beats looking around for a brick to throw.

Jim

I had a 1966 .380 German PPK I got off someone for free. He failed to safeguard his weapon and the cleaning lady picked it up in his office and shot it through the wall into an adjacent office. In NYC, once they take the gun, you can't ge it back but you can transfer it from the property clerk's room (at least that was the policy 15 years ago). Anyway, I was so excited when I saw it was a German model. Then I started shooting it. Not all that reliable...like to jam on all kinds of ammo....sold it for 400 bucks....never looked back....it's a beautiful weapon but beauty doesn't make you feel safe...my j-frame never lets me down...nor has my P7....

Mine also has blood on it. I imagine its the blood of the Nazi that owned it during the war. Shot by a G.I., then brought to the U.S. after the war.

...or from an owner who choked up too far on the grip and got some racing stripes. ;)

Gonna give you some free advice....spend a few hours on the computer looking at key sights near the Smokey Mountains.Convince her that Dollywood,Pigeon Forge,Gattlinburg,Cherrokee and the "Smokeies"would be a much nicer trip....(and somewhat cheaper too!!!!)Most all the motels have pools so your still in luck.Maybe tell her its jellyfish or shark season in Fl. too!!!!!Lots of amusement rides in Dollywood and Pigeon Forge for the kids.Since gas is hovering near $1.50 a gallon you will save....save....save!!!!!!!Good Luck.

All it takes is once

I carried and practiced with my .380 Walther PP for many moons. Only used it once in its intended role as a backup.

Now I keep it in my desk,close to hand,as I post on the web and remember when a German named Walther saved my A$$.

Never buy an American made Walther unless you like the high frustration factor. I have one that runs 100%, but not many people are that lucky.

My NIB German PPK is one of the best Walthers in my collection. I don't fire it much to hold its value, but it is one nice pistol. Paid $600, now books at $700, and the value will continue to increase.

If you want one, I'd get it. You sure won't lose any money and you'll have one of the finest weapons in the world.

Back