I Brought Home my First Handgun

Waspinator

I joined this sight looking for some guidance and suggestions as I researched for my first handgun and I found a great group of people :).

I'm posting in the General section because I asked questions in both the revolver and semi-auto sub-forums and received great help from both areas.I would like to thank everyone here for all their help and insight.

So, here is what I decided on after researching and going to ranges and shooting what I could get my hands on . Sorry for the really bad phone picture. (I put my knife in there after realizing it matched my new gun perfectly, lol).

There was this one CZ semi-auto that I handled and tried that was a close second.......and, you know... maybe sometime in the future I'll have to look into that ;)

Thanks again :)

I'm not a Ruger fan, but you have a fine gun and made an excellent choice.

Now shoot the snot out of it... That's what it was made to do.

Last edited:
I think Ruger makes the best revolvers off the shelf today. They're rugged, comfortable, and well-priced. Due respect to Smith, I'd pick Ruger every time.

Congratulations!

Back before (this most recent) guns & ammo PANIC, my post would have said, "That's terrific! Now, you need to start shopping for a decent semi-auto rimfire for your second handgun!"

See, that was back before Colorado & Newtown. Back when 525 rounds of .22LR was $16-$18. The idea was that you could do a -HEAP- of shooting for very, very low money. That shooting would MAKE you a better handgun shooter, whether or not you ever even considered it or otherwise. Trigger time pays off, always. Doesn't matter if it's not like your "primary", or in your case, your only other handgun.

Right now, the market is upside down. Bulk rimfire is like purple unicorns. (hard to find) Fact continues to remain, even in this whole completely messed up situation that rimfire is STILL likely cheaper than what you're feeding that cool new SP-101 you've got.

Thus...
You need to start shopping for a quality .22LR chambered semi-auto pistol! ;)

Nice SP-101 btw. Great guns.

A Fine Choice! It will outlast you and likely your many Grandchildren.

Now go get a handloading set up, make a bulk purchase of components, and attempt to wear that thing out!

(Good Luck With That!) :D

UBER SWEET! The first handgun I ever purchased for myself was a GP-100 6" stainless in .357 magnum, and that was just last month :) Fantastic guns those Ruger revolvers! I think you made one swell choice! :D

Congratulations on acquiring a very well built revolver. I never liked the grips, finally ended up with Hogue monogrips on mine.

Attachments

• _DSC5506.jpg
    _DSC5506.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 31
Congratulations on a great choice. That is on my list, but ideally in a 3" barrel length.

Beautiful grips ItalianBreadMan.

Last edited:
Congratulations on acquiring a very well built revolver. I never liked the grips, finally ended up with Hogue monogrips on mine.

What's you do with those inserts?

Congratulations on a great choice. That is on my list, but ideally in a 3" barrel length.

Beautiful grips ItalianBreadMan.

Thanks! I love them for the looks and concealability. They're so comfortable to shoot and to carry, and the gun is easy to draw. I would probably prefer a little less steep an angle, though.

Back