I bought my first 45 today!

Lightsped

Well, today I went out and bought new a Colt 45 1991A1. I know it isn't the most fancy 45 out there, but it is what I wanted.

mycolt45.jpg

mycolt452.JPG

Congratulations!! A mighty fine handgun. The gun don't need to be fancy. It needs to work and you need to be comfortable with it. If this is what you wanted that's all that matters. It's also one that I've been eyeing. Now go out and enjoy it then tell us what you think of your new purchase.

Flattop

Looks awfully nice to me! I swear I'll get one eventually, but I have to pay the closing costs to get our new house first. I've been getting disturbing notes about breaking kneecaps if the closing costs are not paid promptly, and that's just from my wife.
Look at it this way; it may not be the fanciest, but it's a great gun and you have it and I don't. :D

Congratulations.
How did you decide which .45?
I just turned 45 years old and feel like I'm entitled to something in that caliber as a birthday present, but there are so many possiblities. I don't need any more carry guns, but a 1911 style gun, a Glock 36, and a Colt Peacemaker style are the main three I'm thinking of.

Great looking pistol........looking into one myself. Either going to be a Beretta Cougar or the 1991 A1. I shot the 1911s when I was in the Corps (late seventies). I'm leaning toward the Cougar because I want the pistol for a second duty weapon.......however......the Colt looks mighty interesting.

RHC, choosing between a 1911 and a Peacemaker is just too difficult. You probably deserve both, anyway.

The Gummint model just fits my hand better than a Glock. But that old single action is about as good as it gets for feeling "at home" when you hold it and shoot it. Plumb sensual. :)

Makes me glad I have both.

Art

I think you will be very pleased. I purchased a stock 1991A1 a few years ago. I put 2,500 rounds through it, various factory and reloads, and had only 3 malfunctions. One was the magazine. Outstanding pistol for the price. I would buy another without hesitation.

New 1911

Congrats on the new purchase ;) Nothing wrong with that, it's a keeper in my opinion :) Good luck with it and I hope it serves you well ;)

Congratulations!

I think you have bought a fine pistol. In my opinion, the Colt 1991 pistols are very useable stright out of the box. Regards, Richard

Hey,

half the fun of 1911's is buying 'em plain, and then customizing to taste. It's why the occasional bargain "stripper" 1911's that show up on the market from time to time, like the Norinco, sell so well. They're fun bone stock, but it's even more fun to add that bit here and piece there to make it uniquely "yours", and there's no pistol design that lends itself to this better than a 1911.

Like a friend said about his Harley Sportster, "It's not a motorcycle; it's a motorcycle starter kit...". :D

Congrats :),
For the money, I'd say that the '91-A1 can't be beat. But, then again, I'm partial to mine (6 years +) and it's my daily carry piece too. So far it eats everything fed it and goes bang everytime.
Enjoy!
Bob

I'm Jealous !

Good going !. I have one identical on lay away at the gun shop right now (tight budget) about two weeks from getting it out, very anxious. Keep us up to speed on how it performs
so I'll know what to expect ..............all good I hope

I think the 1911 is starting to grow on me, and somehow I think I'll eventually end up with one also. Yours looks like it will be a true classic some day. If I get one, I want an original just like yours... I don't care what Colt did or didn't do to lose so much business; if I get one, it'll be a Colt.

BTW: If you don't mind my asking, how much $ did that 1911 set you back?

Let us know how it works out for you,
Ben

[Edited by Ben on 02-22-2001 at 01:34 AM]

Ive had about enuff of this guy!!!

Last week he gets a new beretta 92 stainless and this week its a colt!

I wanna know what im doing wrong. I want a new gun every week too. Is there a club I have to join? If so, i want to sign up TODAY!

Congrats on your new gun. Let us know how it shoots.

Tim :D

Back