I BOUGHT A SIG 220 TODAY.. OPINIONS GUYS?

45automan

Hey guys I bought one of these today. I have been wanting one for a while but they were a little to much money. So today I walked into my gun shop and there was a used Sig 220 FACTORY SATIN NICKLE slide and controls. I paid $515 for it out the door. Is this a good price? I thought it was good for the nickle model. Also just last week I missed a blued Sig 220 for $400 I was kicking myself since then. The gun I bought is near mint original box papers and 2 mags. It has standard sights. It doesn't look like it was shot much at all. Now I can't wait to shoot it.
Now I gotta tell my wife where the money went. She'll understand though she knows how I am with things like these. Thats why she's my wife:)
Plus I think I'll give her my Glock 19 she has been eyeing it lately. Just wanted to tell you guys about it. Thanks for any input,45automan
Remember when you need to distract your wife from a purchase GIVE her something. It works try it:)

I owned a Sig P220 at one time. It was without a doubt the best shooting .45 I've ever owned. Highly accurate and to me the recoil felt more like a 9mm. Not that the recoil is heavy in a .45, but it was just surprsingly light. I never ever had a feed jam. It would eat anything. $515 is actually a pretty good price, especially for a nickel model. I bought mine used for about $520 and it was a blue one. Good choice. Hope you enjoy it.

Made a good buy very good.I wish I had found that 220 for 400.Never found one that cheap before.Paid 525 for mine used
(blue)

I have a friend with a 220 that's equipped with a threaded, compensated .400 Cor-bon barrel. Lots of fun to shoot. I dont like the first, "double action" pull, but after that, it's o.k.

You've got a winner! I think you'll really enjoy that pistol. Mine is 100% reliable, even with "flying ashtrays". Very accurate, too.

FWIW, Blue Book value on your gun, at 98%, is $610.00.

Welcome To Sig Heaven, .45 Automan; Congrat's on the purchase of the Sig-Sauer P220:) This is truly, without
a doubt one of the finest "combat firearms" ever produced.
I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment from this
great handgun; and it should function so well, as to be
boring!!!:eek: Not a bad price at all, my friend. SigArms
is always glad to see another satisfied customer. Enjoy.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member :D

SOG 1800-944-guns has the following SIG prices in their catalog: P220 two tone Nickel $559.95, P220 two tone Nickel, night sights, $619.95, P220 Matte Blue $529.95, P220 Matte Blue, night sights $599.95 all new-in-box. :D

I have two P220's and love them. You didn't mention the condition of your purchase but it sounds like an excellent price as I paid $600 for one like yours about a year ago. Enjoy it.........Dan in GA

45automan - the 220 is all everyone says it is. Good ergomonics, accurate out of the box, reliable, terrible bluing job but then everything has its flaws.

Carried one for years. If you buy spare magazines, go for the 8 rounders with bumper pads. They're cheaper than rebuilding the 7 rounders like I did.

You did very well...

...and you have the right attitude: shoot it!

You'll *really* like that pistol, 45 automan.

And if you give your wife that Tuppergun,
you'll be a double-winner. :)

Well, I certainly have come full circle in my quest to find MY perfect 45. Had an early P-220, liked it, sold it(dumb,dumb,dumb), a Colt 1991 full size, a Colt 1991 Commander size, a Glock 21, a USP45 full size (nice pistol), and finally a brand new Sig P-220. There's a mystique about it I can't explain. It's just one fine pistol. Congrats. Best Regards, J. Parker

Back