I almost gave up/1908 Mauser 7x57

cuffkey53

I have a 1908 7x57 mauser that i have had for at least 5 years I could not get it to shoot the barrel was dark and did not want to come clean. I used cleaning foam on a whim and kept cleaning it for about the last 2 weeks .
but it beiing so blasted cold here in northern Michigan I had to wait for a day that it was not snowing well that was today and I am here to tell you that the constant cleaning has paid off I shot a 3/4 inch group just under the bull useing the the 6 oclock hold It stll is dark but there is a shine starting to come through on the barrel i was so pleased that I had to tell someone so fellas if you got one li9ke this you might want to keep at it as far a trying to salvage what might be a pretty darn good rile

You don't buy, you make one - total cost less than a few bucks *if* you have to buy anything at all. I used a piece of rebar, battery and wire to de-rust an old motorcycle tank. The same concept works to defoul and decopper a rifle barrel (except you use a much finer steel rod).

How do you like the 7x57? I have a Ruger #1 in the same chamber. Easy on the shoulder and not so easy on the other end. Great cartridge.

Thanks for the info

I really like the rifle alot and am glad that i got it to shoot I have a #1 in 45/70 and for a big bore it is not bad either I will keep what you said in mid thanks and you are right it is a great cartridge

Back