Hypothetically speaking.. (part three)

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Its 1939 just befor the war and you are searching for lost dinosaurs in the deep bush of the Congo before competeing nazi scientists can find them...

What the HECK do you take with you?

(aside from your trusty whip and fedora?)

---------------------------------------------

My choices:
khakis and a bush hat (plus a dinner jacket for the action on the ocean liner enroute)
a colt new service revolver in .357 magnum
a .416 Rigby bolt action rifle loaded with solids in the 400 grain range. Lots of ammo. plus "dart" loads.
A Ghurka Knife
a good swiss watch

a good looking 30's movie star scientist's daughter armed with a winchester 1895 lever action in 30-06 and a TERRIFYING SCREAM.

An older scientist guy with a notebook and a crate full of "sleep gas". maybe he's got a savage .32 in his tweed jacket.

A stalwart leiutenant armed with a BAR in 30-06 (take THAT you velociraptor!!!)

20 bearers and 4 asakiris armed with springfields in 30-06. They should wear fezes and call me "bwana".

any thoughts????

Just having fun,

Dr.Rob

I'ld take my HK, my PPK, and my Bushmaster... and my knowledge of Computers and Corporate histories to make stock purchases... AND CHANGE THE FUTURE! Oh, and write a few patent applications too! :D

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I'm taking George! And my 1911A1 and my Mossberg 500. Along with a sports almanac, I'm off to Vegas!

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"

Yeah didn't teddy use an 1895 winchester lever action, clip fed in .405 winchester with a steel shotgun butt as his "lion medicine?" Its currently avaialble in 30-06... as a specialty item or an I getting the model number wrong??

ah well...

Dr.Rob

Off the thread somewhat, but the '95 Winchester came in .30-03, then .30-06, .405 and other calibers (even 7.62*54R). They had problems with the rifles developing excessive headspace with the '06 rounds.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Back