Husband Wife Training Exercises....Wanted

I want to get my wife out to the range. Her interest is minimal but still interested. I try to get her to shoot at home on our small Pellet gun range. there is an iterest but dinner to cook or laundry or whatever. Not a problem, but we get distracted.

She would be more happy going bang instead of home pellet gun drills. She used to target shoot with rifles so she is no wimp. Just unmotivated at home.

So... At the range I was thinking the right/left drill. Snap cap or real situation.

Any good ones anyone could offer? Or maybe ladies telling me how to get her attention in a more fun way.
Thanks.

The wife and I found a couple that were both certified trainers and competition shooters. Worked out great and during the training they did switch it up. It was very helpfully for the wife having a female instructor that has at times carried in a pocketbook/purse and teaching how to draw from the such.

Does this count?,,,

My ex would be tickled pink for me to go downrange and hold the target for her. :eek:

Aarond

Sorry my friend,,,
I just couldn't resist.

On a serious note you could try a Dueling Tree.

I bought one for .22 last summer,,,
It's a true blast to use when shooting with someone.

Is it possible to shoot subsonic .22s on the pellet range? I shoot .22 revolvers and rifles at a pellet gun target using Aguila Colibris, a very quiet, powderless round which propels a small slug using only the primer.

Don't try to teach or train your wife. Just enjoy shooting together. If she needs training, pay for someone else to do it. That'll be way less expensive in the long run ...

pax

Don P. Excellent post.....

I like the idea. Just some Husband/Wife pair so they both have someone to talk to while screaming thru the muffs. OK, that was bad on my part. Hopefully an off-range friend relationship that makes her comfortable.
Thanks....

Oambulate

The pellet range is a good thing to prevent flinching. No loud report and some that we have rival the velocity of a 38 special. You get to see your result and flinching becomes something you don't think about. We have a weighted Crosman 1008 that comes in at 2 pounds. Not ideal, but usable for cheap practice. Pellets are $4 per 500. Cheap and serve an educational purpose.

I think I need a bamulance.

I managed to get mine to the range once and she freaked out. Def not a gun person... all part of her NJ upbringing I guess. :rolleyes:

SirsLoop- She"s not quite that bad, but...

I took the 9mm back to dry fire for a bit and heard.....
"You can't fire that in the house!!!!!".

(I have to explain here.... I pellet shoot in the back and the cat likes to go "shooting", about the only word the cat knows. He gets to go up on the dryer and get scratched between shots. So I usually say.. "come on TC, lets go shooting".)

Yes, Dear, I know. I will not shoot the 9 here...... Sorry Hon. Explained what I was about to do.

She is a good person and that was kinda making fun of her, but I mean, man. I ain't gonna discharge the firing iron mam.......

She makes a hell of a good roast beef sandwich so sometimes I just choose to shut up for my own good.

Attachments

• tc on dryer with guns 012.jpg
    tc on dryer with guns 012.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 55
Note to people that saw the cat in the last post....

He was in condition orange at the time. He is usually in condition orange or in red when he hears a knock at the door.

like the idea. Just some Husband/Wife pair

To add some info, the training took place at a private range which they were members of and it was 1 on 1 training once the shooting started. We started out with 22 lr and then progressed to our carry guns.
Too bad your not in FLA I could get you hooked up with them.
As a result of the training it did turn into a off range relationship.

Take an NRA approved course together.

I'm going to deviate from this a bit. I teach the NRA basic course here in Colorado. I as well as several other instructors discourage husbands/wives or boyfriends/girlfriends taking their first (notice I said first) course together.

Instructors often finding themselves "competing" with the lady's significant other. I'm not saying that you would, but it happens a lot. For a lot of men, having another alpha dog teaching the little lady how to shoot brings out their worst insecurities.

I suggest sending her to a ladies-only class first. Then start shooting together.

Hiker 1 Thanks....

I agree with you. I not not necessarily "compete" but do want her to get a ton of information and might be tempted to get ahead of what the instructor might cover. Good point. Even if not the "alpha male" thing, maybe an over zealous idea of trying to help.

I was going to accompany her to her PTC class, but maybe I won't. She might actually be distracted and would do better without feeling like I am watching over her.
Thanks,

Don't try to teach or train your wife. Just enjoy shooting together. If she needs training, pay for someone else to do it. That'll be way less expensive in the long run ...
I agree with Pax on this. Better for the relationship if you don't try to teach her yourself.

My wife shoots better than me already, but she never seems especially interested in going to the range. I guess when you're as good a shot as she is, there's really no need for additional practice. :D

Yea Ha!

I took all your advice and she signed up for her PTC about 20 minutes ago. Thanks for all the comments.

She signed up after I said I did not want to go with her because I might be a distraction. She did say she would not mind if I went to the range qualification, but, i will just back off.

On the lighter side and despicable on my part! How dare she not want me there? I am 10 feet tall, bullet proof and I know everything!!!!!!:D

Back