Hurray for my kid!

vega

I took your advice(s) regarding my kid's learning about handguns and shooting and brought along my 11 yr old son to the range. I gave him 5 rounds of ammo and would you believe it... he shot better than me during my first time at the range. One even dead shot at Alpha. He's looking forward to his next trip and so am I. I intend to shoot better than him. :D

Vega, Hooray for you and your son! Now, if he shot better than you, it gives you a terrific goal, and remember the old saying about a student eventually out doing the master. My absolute BEST wishes. Terry

Next time give him 10 rounds and he may out shoot you now.
The fondest memory I have of my youth was shooting that one time with my own father.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Very very sad day at the range for us yesterday.

Took my twin 8 year old boys to the range to try out their new Henry lever .22s. #1 son put a couple of shots down range at 15 yrds and was 2-3 inches right. Hmmm.. Dad trys.. same thing.. Look at the sights and they seem to be canted. Grrrr.... I pick up son #2's rifle 5 shot group about 1.5 inches across.. 3 inches to the right of center. Both brand new rifles we that far off at 15 yrds. At 25 they were off almost 5 to 6 inches.

I took them right in to the smith. We will see how it works out.

The sad part... Looking down at the tears forming in those little eyes when they could not shoot. Almost broke my heart. We spent a good while back at the house in the garage with the pellet rifle. It doesn't go BANG.. but the ducks fall over and that can be just as exciteing to little boys.

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper

Back