hunting with handguns

handgunhunting

What animals do you hunt using a handgun?
How many have you killed with a handgun?
I personally have only taken 2 deer with a handgun, about 20 squirrels 1 chipmunk and a few rabbits a handful of birds and a few dogs and cats
:D .the farmer asked me to kill all the dogs and cats i see on his land

I've hunted quite a lot with handguns. Used a colt Woodsman third model that was very accurate with winchester hollow point hi speed ammo. With it I harvested wild pigeons and alligators - shot at night, in the eyesocket, from a canoe, using a flashlight. in these ocasions, I was with an indian that dived to bring the shot gator to the canoe. A very courageous man, 'cause there are piranhas in those rivers of north of Brazil. he was never bitten, by piranhas nor gators. Other times, I used a .357 mag for wildgoats but has fount it borderline at best.(.heavy .357 mags from a carbine are another story, I have found...)
My preferred hunting handgun is a superblackhawk, .44 mag, 7.5" barrel. I have found, by sheer luck, a handload with cast linotype bullets, keith type, 245 grains and a brazilian Powder similar to 2400 that not only gives me 1250fps, but 12, yes, 12 shot groups from a ransom rest of 1.9" at 50 meters. With it I hunt wildgoats, hogs, and have killed a rogue bull by request of a farmer. I like to go to the woods with a holstered gun, don't enjoy the short rifles, XP 100s and the likes. Good hunting.:)

Back