Hunting season is over..so that means it's pig season again!

Keg

I took this pig at about 300 yrds....I normally hunt the woods but caught this one out in the open....It was strange hearing a distinct thump....

Last edited:
Lucky for me deer season doesn't go out this year until Feb 10th...... I still havnt been hunting this year

Roaddog- your dead on. The ice isn't going to melt today as it isn't getting above freezing. I have pictures of snow on the beaches in gulf shores, Alabama.

Deer season may be over.

Hunting season never is. Pigs, coyotes, small game, vermin, etc.

Keeps a guy busy all year long. :D

I wish we had pigs here. we don't so I'm stuck sticking to predetermined seasons on everything but ground squirrels and coyotes and the yotes here are very skiddish, I'm not able to make a 600 yard shot on a doggy so I just gotta stick with game.

tahunua001
They are getting pigs in Oregon. Eventually we will likely have some pigs here in Idaho too. They are expanding a great deal.

All this pig hunting talk has reminded me that I need to get back to it. I took some time off after deer season. It's good to be retired and able to hunt just any old time I want, and on my own place. I'm a lucky man.

Here in NH we have been in a deep freeze, havent even been able to shoot paper till today, built a new bunch for my private shooting area and will test it today. No pigs, ground squirrels or prairie dogs in NH, we do have a few woodchucks and some coyotes. Good luck to you pig hunters, I went to visit my brother in Ca and we hunted some hogs and I scored a nice 300 pounder, awesome hunt. Long way to go for a pig though..

We're in such bad shape here that I haven't even gone out in months. Ate both of my deer tags and haven't shot a hog in over a year. I'm gonna wait until it rains and things start to green up.

There's good feral pig hunting in Australia - wish I'd had time to do some of that before I left. Alas, any Yanks planning a trip there will have to leave their self-loaders at home. :(

Year round here in CA, but the folks I know typically wait till after deer season/spring time.

@myfriendis410...What's the prob down in Lompoc? Or is it our severe lack of water that's causing things to suck? I assumed Lompoc, Santa Maria, SLO areas would have solid pig hunting regardless of what's going on but that's probably not correct.

J

Got this one from the front porch....

Attachments

• 150384_674630805914000_110766406_n.jpg
    150384_674630805914000_110766406_n.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 1796643_675043702539377_1969430796_n.jpg
    1796643_675043702539377_1969430796_n.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 30
Back