hunting scope suggestions for mini-30

checkmyswag

I'm not entirely sure I want to scope it, but I'm considering it.

This is my do everything rifle, would be primarily for deer/hog hunting up to 200 yards and social work if ever needed.

I know I don't need a high power scope.

• Would I be better off to mount it traditionally or scout style?
  • What power do you recommend?
  • Fixed or variable?
  • Red dot style or traditional?
  • Specific suggestions/brands/models?

I've always thought a 3-9 power variable is a good all around hunting scope. Maybe a 2-7 for a more compact fit. As for brands I'd recommend Sightron, Mueller, Burris and Zeiss. I'm not a fan of the Nikons I've had but they also make decent glass.

I have a compact Weaver 1-3X20 scope on my Marlin that works well.
Good quality glass with sufficient magnification to reach 200 yards.

Something in 1 1/2-7 power variable scope with an objective lens around 32mm should make a good match for the mini 30 up 200 yards or so.

I have a DPMS LR308 AP4 Carbine with a Burris 1 1/2-6x32 variable scope w/illuminated reticle,the scope works good for a carbine size rifle with a good balance not feeling top heavy.

I used a Weaver K4 on my Mini-14s. This was back when the old B-Square mount was all there was. Worked okay. Fine for jackrabbits and coyotes.

Will probably go with open sights if it/I shoot decent that way, otherwise will consider what you all have mentioned here. Thanks.

mine

Got a 1x4x Leu on mine, but 2-7x would be good too.......one of those on my x39 bolt rifle. A scout rigged Mini is not on my list of things to have. With factory rings and the nifty Ruger mounting system, the Mini ranch rifles are good to go w/ me.

Back