Hunting Question

LAH

I want to hunt varmints on the Rita Blanca National Grasslands in April or no later than early May. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks guys........Creeker

Thanks T. I've been to many of the .gov sights but really no varmint help for Oklahoma, New Mexico or Texas.

"...help for Oklahoma, New Mexico or Texas..." Like NHSHOOTER says, you need to look at the individual State hunting regs.
Worst part will be non-resident hunting licence fees.(S'why where you actually are is important too.) Texas, for example, wants $315 for a Non-resident General Hunting licence. What you think is a 'varmint' matters too.

Thanks guys. I've read most the government stuff. I was hoping to find someone who had hunted there or at least knew the area well. I've hunted other National Grasslands but never this one.

From the Texas P&W website:

"Non-resident 5-Day Special Hunting Type 157: $48

Legal for any period of 5 consecutive days (valid hunting dates will be printed on the license when issued).

Valid to hunt:exotic animals, all legal game birds (except turkeys), all nongame animals, squirrel, javelina and alligator (not valid for other game animals, NOT VALID FOR DEER)."

Back