Hunting Holster for Ruger Bisley Blackhawk

Nathan

Looking for a holster for a Bisley Blackhawk. Any ideas? I want something under $150 that works well with hunting clothes....

I carry my 45 Bisley Blackhawk when hiking in a simple $30 cowboy style crossdraw holster I picked up off eBay. Many holsters are made for the plain Blackhawk, mine has a hammer tie to keep everything in place, so it works nicely with the Bisley hammer.

Check out Mernickle's field carry line. I have one for my Lipsey's edition Ruger bisley and love it. Super nice fit, high quality and the site shows a $89.00 retail price for the fc2 or fc4.

I would highly recommend the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake Holster.

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Sourdough-Pancake%E2%84%A2-Leather-Concealment-Holster.cfm?item_id=151&parent=669

Very reasonably priced at $80.

This holster holds my Ruger Lipsey's Special Edition Bisley 44 very comfortably, hardly know it is there, and it is a heavy firearm. I use this holster when hunting and have traveled long distances when I hunt.

The holster can be worn strong side or cross draw. This design protects the pistol very well while in the woods.

Can't speak highly enough about this holster...very well done.

Let us know what you end up with...

Nathan: ((( IMHO ))) I think the Bianchi X-15 Shoulder Holster is a great choice. I have three of them. And one I have had for over 20 + years, and it still works very well for me. The Bianchi X-15 is very comfortable for all day carry. And I have never any problems with any of mine.
ken

Heck, I'll make you a full flap cavalry holster for under $150. It may not be the prettiest but your great great great grand children will still be using it long after you're gone. I make em plain and extra heavy duty. The side of leather I'm working with now averages almost a quarter inch thick (I was going to build a saddle with it but got side tracked).

Back