Hunting holster for my Bisley

Redneck2

Need to get a holster for the Bisley. In Indiana the handgun must be exposed while hunting. Not looking for a $150 Galco...there should be something cheaper (maybe nylon). Any help from real live hunters appreciated.

El paso Saddelry (spelling?), has several nice leather holsters. I use there Tom Threepersons holster. They will cut it for what ever belt size you need. Check them out.

I have been using a holster of my own design for some years to carry my SA Ruger when hunting. It features a full flap for protection, and can be worn cross draw parallel to the belt, or worn as a regular strong side belt holster. I have had these made for my Smith 6 inch N frame also. The guys at Tactial Custom Leather in Micanopy Fl make them for me. They charge less than $100.

I use my Bisley in 45 LC with a 7.5" barrel

for hunting here in Oregon. I use a Model 3 Uncle Mikes and it works quite fine. Holds the Ruger quite securely and takes a lot of abuse from trapsing around in the woods. Here's the URL for your convenience. http://www.uncle-mikes.com/ Good shooting!

Back