Hungarian Pistols? (32 cal)?

I am far from an expert on the subject, but I believe that the Femaru Model 37 pistol is Hungarian and was made in 7.65mm (.32 ACP) as well as .380 ACP.

They are not scarce, but, never having bought one, I am unsure of what a good price is. Though not the last word on prices, these values from the latest Standard Catalogue of Firearms should give you an idea:

Excellent.........$350.00
Very Good.......$275.00
Good..............$225.00
Fair................$150.00
Poor...............$100.00

Prices on Gunbroker seem a good deal higher in many cases, mostly due to special markings or accessories that increase value. Here's one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118155616

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
There are some modern Hungarian .32 autos on the surplus market, but one model looks kinda roughly made to me. That is an all steel job. They also have some sort of Walther looking things with alloy frames, most are 9MM Mak. or .380, but there are some being imported in .32 auto. The Femaru 37 is usually a WW2 vet trophy and they are quality but expensive and of course old and in varying condition.

There are a couple of different types of Hungarian pistols available; the most common Hungarian make is FEG ("Femaru Fegyver es Gepgyar"), and they make or made a couple of different pistols based on the Makarov, the Walther PP/PPK, the Tokarev, and the Browning Hi-Power. In .32, your most likely choice is either the P-61 or the slightly-larger AP.

I was at the guns show this weekend and a friend had 3 FEG that looked exactly like the ones in 9x18 but in .32 ACP.

I was at the guns show this weekend and a friend had 3 FEG that looked exactly like the ones in 9x18 but in .32 ACP.

It's called the FEG AP. I've got one. Decent little shooter for the price.

do you have pic of it?

No, but if you look at any PA-63 the ONLY difference between the AP and the standard PA-63 in 9x18 is the size of the bore, slightly narrower magazine, and (I'm guessing on this one) a slightly weaker recoil spring. Supposedly, you can press out the .32ACP barrel and press in a 9x18 barrel, replace the magazine, replace the spring, and be off and running with the larger caliber.

Back