hungarian hunting rifles

Brownie94

Inactive
Can anyone tell me any hungarian hunting rifle manufacturers ive been searching the internet and cant find any :(
Many thanks

To my knowledge Hungary only produced arms in the FEG factory in Budapest. They made Mannlicher/Steyr M95's, Mosin Naget, some Mauser's then AK's. Along with many pistols. You may find a sporterized service rifle or possibly have one done for yourself. Looks like some Mannlicher-Schoenauer may be made in Hungary. Are you Magyar?
I am. I have a Mannlicher M95 a Frommer Stop and a FEG PA63 I picked up fairly recently. I hope this gives you a little insight. Maybe someone has some more up to date knowledge.

Half lmao my mothers side of the family are and thanks for the reply it has helped and would you recommend any gun in particular :)

It really depends on what you would like to hunt. I have a Mannlicher M1895, its not in this good of shape but it shoots well.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=353800114
I have also never hunted with it. It shoots 8x56R round that is pretty potent and plenty accurate to 200yds. These guns are going very inexpensive from many sources if you search around you can find them for $110 to $150. I paid $165 for mine including shipping and a bayonet. PRVI Partizan makes some 205 or 208gr soft point ammo, Hornady also has some offering. I think this would drop anything in North america without a problem.
Gunbroker.com is a good resource but many times you can find the same items for less other places. I like to search for anything hungarian from gunbroker.

Back