Humor--Ask a Navy Seal

funny...
Sick, but funny.

------------------
Not all Liberals are annoying... Some are Dead.
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

ROTFL!! ;)

------------------
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up... Yankee Doodle

I didn't want to start a topic just for this one, but since this was open...

Q. Why is a government worker like a shotgun with a broken firing pin?

A. It won't work and you can't fire it.

My favorite from the Onion was the headline "Dastardly Japs Bomb Colonially Occupied U.S. Non-State".

[This message has been edited by RepublicThunderbolt (edited September 28, 1999).]

YES!! You beat me to posting this one, dude--I keep going back to the archives to read this and a few others. The Onion rules.

Is this for real? I'd sure hate to ask about handling difficult bisexual employees in a racially diverse work environment and who is accused of sexually harassing him/herself.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Lucas,

Do you have a listing of what paper this guy puts his colum in? It sure beats Dear Blabby.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Gary and EQ,

This is from The Onion. You know, parody. They also have "Ask A Conspiracy Theorist," which is along the same lines.

------------------
"America needs additional gun laws like a giraffe needs snow tires."
--Rabbi Mermelstein, JPFO

The best besides the Navy Seal is "Ask Lori Anderson's Agent," IMHO. I have a feeling it's more accurate, too. Think there are more utterly stupid Hollywood agents or Navy Seals?
:)

Don't worry Gary, the Onion is sort of a modern Mad Magazine only 100 times more irreverent. One of the funniest bits I have ever heard, bar none, is their version of the conversation between Neil Armstrong and Capcom when Armstrong first stepped on the moon. Unfortunately, I can't repeat it here. It didn't go, "One small step...".

They had a similar "Ask the Demolitions Expert" article once. Pretty funny, but it's since disappeared and a couple of emails to them to try to get a copy went unanswered. I wonder why.

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Scoiety

Here's some other interesting "commentary" I found over at the Onion.

Americans missing the point?

Aptly describes today's sheeple, don't it?

Or, this ---> Uncle Carl

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

------------------
Lady Justice has been raped, truth assassin;
Rolls of red tape seal your lips, now you're done in;
Their money tips her scales again, make your deal;
Just what is truth? I cannot tell, cannot feel.

The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe, I can't believe the price we pay- nothing can save us
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is gone
Pulling your strings,Justice is done...
Seeking no truth, winning is all,
Find it so grim, so true, so real....

If it isna Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

You know, just when I about to get bored with the internet I stumble across this stuff.
Makes my day!
In fact, I find more new stuff just lurking around the old TFL here!

I just read posting. And then posted three questions of my own to 'The Onion'.

Why did the Seals have to recently rebuild their shooting range (at a cost of 8 million or our tax dollars)? Couldn't be because of all those chewed up ceilings, walls, support beams, target holders, etc? Can any of you Seals run faster than 1700 FPS???

ROTFLOL

Back