humility is

zeke

600 yds, 25 degrees, 10-20 mph quartering shifting tailwinds and shooting off the ground covered by 3-4 inches frozen snow with a 308.

No, humility is NOT being able to shoot 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards on a nice day.

What you have there is ADVERSARIAL, cold enough, way too much wind and nasty ground at 600.

"Been there and its not fun. However exhilarating it is"

More satisfying(and safer) when your shooter has more range then theirs.

Have never had anyone shooting at me, and hopefully never will. Can not even run anymore. Do try to get out shooting as much as i can, before the real winter arrives with single digit temps daytime, negative at night.

Not really concerned with groups in adverse conditions, just being able to hit the target. Hopefully with first round, and several thereafter.

I won't say I was actually shot at, but took a trip into the edge of the Superstition Mountains one time.

Ergh, those people looking for gold (Dutchman mine) back there are plumb nuts.

You could hear gun shots and bullets going over head and hitting rocks and ricocheting around.

A guy came down the draw and looked like Rambo with cloths on. Long ago and I forget what he was packing up he was loaded to the gills.

You boys may want to stay out of there, its the wild west and then some.

We took his advice.

Being shot definitely SUCKS!
I think i'm thankful it was rock salt. Burns like h€ГГ washing it out! But at least didn't have to dig pellets out.

As for humility...
No. I shoot year round also. Not always sunny and 75 degrees when your hunting.

Back