• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

HTML Gurus: Help Needed

Rich,

Have you tried fiddling with the "case" of the values for the argument 'type' , i.e., type="submit" vs type="Submit" vs type="SUBMIT" ??

What about value="Submit" vs Value="Submit" ? Aren't logical names case sensitive, even in HTML?

Just a couple of stabs in the dark.

Here's an idea. The format for a radio control is <INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="var name" VALUE="default value">. You have <input type="submit" value="Submit">. I note that there is no variable NAME defined, i.e., <... NAME="var name" ...> is missing.

I should shut up. You did ask for a guru.

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 30, 2000).]

As sensop said you asked for a guru, so I shouldn't have even looked. But one thing that stands out is that the <table>'s and </table>'s aren't balanced.

I was going to say something cute, like file locations don't have anything to do with HTML or how come CONEeach didn't know the answer. But I decided not to.

See what you made me do? Wait'll I get to MO!

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 31, 2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>See what you made me do? Wait'll I get to MO![/quote]

Hey everyone, Sensop is threatening me, I think we have laws against this in Mo., I'm hiring bodyguards, who wants a job? LOL

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

I think Cuomo has an old senile bodyguard he'd let you use. But you'd have to keep telling him to pick up his sidearm as the bodyguard has a nasty habit of leaving them laying around :)

Well Fal308, this could be interesting since I'm a new gun owner too, and not use to carrying extra baggage, I think I probably need a more experienced bodygaurd. :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Back