HS 2000

This thing just popped up on my radar screen this evening...

I just visited HS' website, and it looks like an interesting gun.

Anyone have one or shoot one?

What do you think?

What's the going price for one of these guns?

If the reports are decent, I may start scouting for one.

Anyone know of any plans for it to be offered in .45?

The HS2000 wins for the most commonly discussed handgun in this forum the last month or so. Do a search.

My dealer raves about them, and with all the talk they've been getting lately, I haven't heard much, if anything, in the way of complaints.

Unless "It's still not a Glock!" can be considered a complaint.:rolleyes:

I have one. It feels great & shoots great. I'm not big on words, so I won't give a detailed range report. I like the contoured grip better than Glock, and the angle is more natural. It balances out well and has mild recoil and muzzle flip. I bought mine for $275+ shipping and transfer from http://www.supergunguide.com . Brian is good to deal with. I heard SOG had them for $249. Intrac plans .357 SIG, .40 Auto, and .45 ACP later this year. Plus they are adding accessory rails, forward serrations, and a shorter trigger pull on future guns. The fit and finish are as good as any SIG or Glock. The action is amazingly simple. Pulling the slide back allows the sear to catch on the striker. The sear pulls the striker back as the slide rides home. Pulling the trigger both pushes up a SIG like firing pin safety and pushes the sear down to release the firing pin. The trigger safety catches on the frame to keep the trigger from moving back until the safety is released. The grip safety prevents the sear from moving down and also keeps the slide from moving back (the sear must be allowed to drop down for the slide to move over it). The cocked indicator is a simple pin that's pushed back by the firing pin. The loaded chamber indicator is a little chunk of metal on a hinge that gets pushed up by the rim of the chambered round. Takedown is easy. Lock the slide back, turn the lever up, ease the slide forward, pull the trigger, and slide the slide off. Pull out the guide rod and lift out the barrel. Barrel lockup is like a SIG. I've never taken down a Glock, so I can't compare the internals.

If you have anymore questions, I might be able to answer them.

Rob

I checked with three local dealers today in an attempt to find an HS2000. None of them knew what i was talking about until they looked it up in their distributors catalog. I was told he could sell one for 289.00 Thats a pretty good price, but I dont want to buy one until I see one first.

I have to admit being leary of buying a product from any part of the former Yugoslavia. All it would take is another conflict to flare up in the Balkans, and the source for parts and support could dry up overnight. Anyone remember Zastava or the ammo sold by Hansen?

i covet one in .45
Maybe i will move across the Potomac so when they are available, i can buy one.

Ballistic finger printing in Maryland is registration.
:mad:
dZ

I own one and have about 1200 rds. thru it. Have used it 3 times in tournaments. No failures and has represented me well. It is as easy as a Glock to disassemble. It has a short recoil allowing you to get back on target quick. It has a 1911 backstrap safety along with all the Glock style safeties. Great rapid firer. If you want one, you better get one quick because the price is rising due to demand. Maybe the best value for a 9mm on the market right now.

AirTech

Back