hs 2000 glockalike

ammo first

I have looked at this gun at my dealer several times, very nice trigger, fit and finish. Had a very good write up in American Handgunner, comparing it to the Glock. My dealer had it priced at $380.

So I went to the gun show today and found it for $299, and talked to guy down to $275. Needless to say I now own an HS 2000. I haven't fired it yet, but it seems to be of very high quality.

I like the HS 2000 much better than the other new gun in the same class - the Alchemy Arms Spectre.

The only problem with both guns is a unique lack of creativity.
A Glock with a grip safety, a 1911 with a Glock slide...
Both rather retarded concepts if you ask me.
However - if these guns Feel and Function well for you - then they are viable pistols in there own right.
Both are unproven...
We'll see what 10 years does with the design.
We've seen what just 1 did to the Vector.

rblack, thanks for the input. Please give a followup report after you shoot this pistol. I am thinking of purchasing this gun so any feedback would be appreciated. also is it rated for +p?

I have fired about 50 rds. through one. The indoor range were I shoot has one as a rental gun. It probably has 5,000 rds. through it by now. It appears to be holding up well. I must say it is one of the better pointing guns I have ever picked up. One thing kept me from buying one. The slide release is in the wrong place for me. I use a high thumb hold and the release is right under my thumb. My thumb prevents the slide from locking back.

Are the magazines interchangeable with anything? Standard capacity (15 round) will not be available otherwise.

Back