hr2159

This bill seeks to give the Attorney General authority to deny the transfer of firearms to anyone suspected of being a terrorist. It also removes any responsibility on the AG's part to justify his actions:

If receipt of a firearms by the person would violate section 922(g)(10), any information which the Attorney General relied on for this determination may be withheld from the applicant if the Attorney General determines that disclosure of the information would likely compromise national security.

Here are the co-sponsors, which is a list I'm used to seeing:

Rep Castle, Michael N. [DE]
Rep Kirk, Mark Steven [IL-10]
Rep McCarthy, Carolyn [NY-4]
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8]
Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15]
Rep Smith, Christopher H. [NJ-4]

Worth keeping an eye on.

Holder

Giving Eric Holder "discretion" on anything is the worst thing this country could do, particularly anything to do with the 2A. stay safe

Oh come on guys, like any one who wasn't a terrorist would show up on that list........ I mean look at how successful the "No Fly" list has worked out and I'm sure all of those guys in Gitmo were guility as sin. :barf:

The timing of this is interesting, coming hot on the heels of DHS "studies" which characterize basically anyone who didn't vote for Obama as a likely terrorist.

Ive emailed John cornyn and Kay Bailout err Bailey Hutchinson and rep loyd dogget telling them that I fully expect them to vote against this bill.

Back