HR 6257 - AWB Reinstate

ShortTimer

Inactive
looks like HR 1022 all over again, but.... Look at the long long list of weapons banned in the "appendix" It bans everything, Remington 700s 10-22s,bolt actions lever actions anything that shots basically. Even single shot 22s!! What the hell are these people thinking???
This will never pass!! IT bans everything i got...twice!!

My congressturd mike castle is one of the three cosponsors.

IIRC he's an NRA B rated republican.

This should earn him an F. So if this passed I would have to remove the flash surpressor and Bayonette lug from my post 2004 normally configured AR-15 uppers for them to be legal.:mad:

What a load of utter nonsense.

I have written him a letter but it gets me his preprepared form letter on the subject and I already have 6 copies of it.

Last edited:
Screw Congress the Supreme Court and the whole lot of them. I take my stand here and now ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I refuse to be the victim of some stupid politicians and their own personal agendas. I'd rather spend the rest of my life in prison than bend to the will of these morons. You can take my guns from my cold dead fingers.

Well master blaster..
Your ar 15 has a barrel shroud to protect your non trigger hand from being burned and a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously from under the reciever, and a threaded barrel, that can accept a flash suppressor and a bayonet lug, so.. to keep your Ar-15 , you would have to remove the handguards, replace the barrel with a non flash arrestor model, and replace the gas block with a plain ole one, take off the pistol grip and throw away all of your magazines to be legal.
But, they have included single shot sharps rifles too , along with Rem 700s Mini 30, Anshutz , and lever action rifles too, so we are screwed. Be sure to look at the appendix . " Oh yeah we forgot to add these guns to the ban too, heheheheh" A$$monkeys!!!! Who the hell is this Senator Kirk anyhow??

If you will read it carefully again, you will see it says all the weapons listed in Appendix A will not be included in the ban.

‘‘(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to—
‘‘(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or dupli
cates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this
section, as such firearms were manufactured on Oc
tober 1, 1993;

Damn big of 'em :rolleyes:

Went to college with Rep Kirk.
Two years in the same fraternity.
District he represents is the rich northern suburbs of Chicago.
I would characterize him as a "country club" Republican.
I won't get into any personal feelings about him.
The legislation is not surprising.

Well master blaster..
Your ar 15 has a barrel shroud to protect your non trigger hand from being burned and a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously from under the reciever, and a threaded barrel, that can accept a flash suppressor and a bayonet lug, so.. to keep your Ar-15 , you would have to remove the handguards, replace the barrel with a non flash arrestor model, and replace the gas block with a plain ole one, take off the pistol grip and throw away all of your magazines to be legal.

Actually You are wrong

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_bills&docid=f:h6257ih.txt.pdf

Start reading at line 12. Its the 94 ban not the NEW one proposed by McCarthy etal.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is like the difference between a Turd sandwich, and a Turd Sandwich with mustard.

There are at least three other Republicans sponsoring that bill, btw.

Doesn't this crap come up again every year?

I'm not worried about it in '08. 2009, that's a whole different story.

My point is we should be worried now (not til '09) and kill it now since both bush and next CIC will sign a ban if it makes it to the desk.

This bill freaks me out, scares me for my country, and makes me sick. As long as the police or the infantry have it (what's the real difference these days anyways?), it is our right to have it as well. It's what protects us from wholesale corruption of power!

here is this bat guanos contact info. Ive called 47 times. Congressman Mark Steven Kirk

Washington, DC Office
1030 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: 202-225-4835
Fax: 202-225-0837

Northbrook Office
707 Skokie Boulevard, Suite 350
Northbrook, IL 60062
Phone: 847-940-0202
Fax: 847-940-7143

I have little pull, being not a constituent or wahtever they called me, but maybe enough of us can squash this

Back