HP Safety

Hays

Sorry to keep firing the questions, but I'm ordering some parts this week and really need some advice. I don't really have a need for an ambi safety, so I've narrowed my safety options to these 2 single extended safeties:

1) C&S from Brownell's for $45. I've read a few posts that say they don't care for the C&S Safety. I had considered the Novak single part, but noticed that Brownell's no longer carries it.

2) Stock: I was refered to a Canadian company that sells BHP parts pretty reasonably. Have any of you ordered anything from Marstar (http://www.marstar.ca/index.htm)? They are offering a stock single extended safety for $27.15 US dollars (not sure if this is used or new - as long as it's in good shape, I don't care).

The difference in dollars is not the issue. I just want the better part. Which would you buy? Thanks.

Hello. I personally go with the factory Browning extended safeties. Like you, I don't care for ambis, so I have a 'smith remove the lever on the right side of the gun and dress down the pin on which it rides and reblue. If that doesn't suit your wishes, I'd go with the C&S over a likely used part. Best.

You can order the parts of the factory ambi separately to save a bit of money ( about $25!) Just get the left side piece & shorten the shaft.

I have ordered from Marstar before. I ordered an Inglis hammer and a sear from them. They were new. They have a toll free number and they are very helpful. I was going to buy one of the extended safeties from them about 2 months ago but they were out of them. I was told they were new and that the were made in Hungary.

Back