HP clones

GHILLIE

I know this has been asked before, but since the search is down, I will ask again. I'm looking for feedback on the Hungarian Hi Power clones. Will they accept parts from a Browning? How about quality and function? Are the South African mags reliable in them? I checked out one at a gun show recently, and it had an awesome blue job on it. Very well fit, tight and smooth. Seen it at the beginning of the show, and when I came back it was gone. I have a couple of Brownings, but I would like a "woods" gun in the HP format. I've had two of the Argentine FMs, and they were ok, reliable and somewhat accurate, but I did not like the paint jobs. I thought about having them parkerized, but then I would have had as much in them as a used Browning. They were finicky about mags also. Not really what I expected for a licensed copy.

Ghillie

I have owned the FEG single action.(There is a double action also.)I had the mag safety removed.It was a wonderful cheap gun that I later sold to buy a Sig.I don't regret buying the Sig,just selling the FEG.It also came with one high cap mag.The grips,among other items are not interchangeable with the Browning.It was highly accurate although either I,or the gun would spray a shot out of every mag.
Tracer

Back