Howa Axiom 1500?

Irish80prf

I'm looking at trading in my Browning bar 300 win mag for a Howa Axiom and I was wondering if anyone out there had much experience with one? I love the look but I've also heard they are a great shooting gun. I'm looking at a .243, I know it is a downgrade in size but the .300 is just to big for the kind of hunting and shooting I do. I'm normally a savage guy because I know they shoot really well but the Howa's just look so nice. Thanks a lot ahead of time.

I have a Howa 1500 and I love it. Very accurate and worth every dime. Can't tell you about the Axiom stock though. There's a video of it on YouTube. I've held one at a local shop and it's heavy to the point that I wouldn't hunt with it. But that could be a personal choice.

I was thinking about getting the Axiom stock for my Vanguard. I decided against it after reading a few online complaints. The jest of it was that the stock decreased the accuracy of a rifle.

Thanks for the replies so fast. I did some more research and yeah it looks like the accuracy of the howa axiom isn't the greatest. It sounds like it's kind of hit or miss on how well they shoot. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of them that are tack drivers but maybe not all of them, which isn't good enough for me.

Don't be scared out of buying a Howa just cause of the Axiom stock. It's the stock that messes with that gun. I love my Howa. It was a great value and quality for me.

Back