Howa 1500

gmoney

I ended up buying the Howa 1500 Gameking combo package for my 223 bolt action rifle.... Picked it up used . only fired 25 rounds through it..!:)

I have two HOWA .223 rifles(24" sporter and 24" varmint HB) and both are stellar performers. Both are Series 1 so the triggers are a little quirky but the accuracy is on par with higher cost rifles.

My Howa 1500 is the heavy barrel 24"'with the Hogue overmolded stock and 10 round detachable magazine. It is a very accurate rifle, especially with most 55gr ammunition.

my howa 1500 was imported and marked by smith & wesson and has a heavy parked barrel with a oil finished checkered walnut stock and is a bug hole shooter with a leupold 12x scope. it gives my rem 700 varmite rifle a run for its money. eastbank.

IIRC the old Howa website said the guns had a 1/12 twist. The new website doesn't say except on the barreled actions which are shown to be a 1/9 twist. The 1/12 twist wouldn't bother me at all since all I shoot are 55-62gr bullets. And mainly just 55gr.

If I want something in the range of 70+ grains I just use my 243 with a 1/9 twist. Good find on what should be an excellent rifle.

Neither of my rifles is suitably accurate with any bullet over 60 grains but is super-duper with 40 grain tipped bullets.

My Howa 1500 in .223 is heavy barreled with hogue overstock. Marvelous shooter. As accurate as I am.
24"

I got it with scope and mount included for $480, new.

For people in the Nevada area, pm me and I'll let you know where to shop for howas and other legacy sold brands at the best price available.

Back