Howa 1500

brbowman

Inactive
Been looking at this rifle in 270 WSM. But I don't know much about Howa. It has the thumb hole stock and I love the feel of it. Give me some feedback please.

My Howa 1500 Lightning 30-06 shoots .5 moa with factory ammo. They are an excellent value, and they (Howa) make the Weatherby Vanguards. Renowned for theirs accuracy. The have an excellent trigger pull, also.

I've hunted with a buddy who owns one. His Howa is reliable and accurate, and I've seen him take several deer with it. If you like it, buy it!

My friend has one in a Weatherby Vanguard .300 Win Mag, and it is very accurate he hates it when I out shoot him with his rifle though. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one, but I probably wouldn't get one with a thumbhole stock. I don't like that stock for hunting game, it is fine if you are doing a lot of shooting at varmints or from a bench. I know some people who use the .270 WSM and they love that cartridge, I'm kind of stuck on the plain old .270 Win.

there's been lots of posts on Howa rifles. I have yet to see a negative one. I own one in 22-250 and it shoots sub moa w/ handloads. 22-250 can be finickey (sp??). Triger is fully adjustable and I really like the 3 position safety. Great gun. I'd buy another one with no second thoughts.

Howa rifles have been imported into the USA since the mid 1980s, and have a well-earned reputation for accuracy and reliability. You could easily do a lot worse than buying a Howa rifle.

i LIKE THE HOWA! about as good or better than a remington. barrel comes clean quick. 1 inch groups or better with 4x scope. mine is a .270 win. good trigger.

My Howa 1500 .308 holds .6 to .75 moa @100yds with factory ammo. Winchester or Federal. It doesn't like the expensive Hornady or Winchester stuff.

Alright then, I'll post a negative comment about the Howa rifle:

The bolt body diameter is smaller than Remingtons, Winchesters, and Savages. I had to buy ana adapter to use my bore guide.

Other than that, I like my Howa 1500 a lot....

-tINY

Overall I like mine pretty well. It shoots like a champ, and seems pretty tuff.

I have the M1500 with the Hogue stock on it. The Howa action is pretty decent, but I prefer the Rem 700 action alot more. Howa's bolt fit seems like it has a little too much play in it.

It's a good solid rifle, you shouldn't be dissappointed.

Back